Hello all I’m David ,just purchased Sony V & lenses ,switched my corporate job to the photography world

Dave007

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
David stein
Hello all I’m David ,just purchased Sony V & lenses ,switched my corporate job to the photography world

Welcome aboard

Welcome

Hello all I’m David ,just purchased Sony V & lenses ,switched my corporate job to the photography world!
Congrats! I was way better at my day job than as a photographer so I envy you.

I am a new David with a new A7II hanging around this joint myself, so let me just say

IMG_0069.jpeg
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max back triple camera 7.5mm f/2.2
  • 7.5 mm
  • ƒ/2.2
  • 1/99 sec
  • ISO 160

Last edited:

The only V body at the moment is the A7RV - is that the one you have?

Are you saying you quit your job to become a photographer? That's pretty radical. I keep my job so I can buy the cameras and lenses I want :)

Presumably you, the OP, have already gained significant experience in photography over the years and/or also have extensive experience in business and how to set up a new one, etc. ?? Both of these are very important when attempting to break into photography as a profitable career. What kind of photography do you specifically have in mind? Wedding photography? Family/Maternal/Infant and Child photography? Sports photography? There are many different directions in which one can go with photography, and some are probably more profitable than others but all are challenging nonetheless.

You really haven't provided us here with much information so if you are seeking guidance and support, we'll need to hear more specifics from you in order to be more helpful.

Based on David's post, I am going to hazard a guess that David recently retired from the corporate world and has taken up photography as a hobby. We may never know, he hasn't been back.

Based on David's post, I am going to hazard a guess that David recently retired from the corporate world and has taken up photography as a hobby. We may never know, he hasn't been back.
Oh, that makes sense - I didn't think of that. I hope we didn't put him off.

Well, possibly we did -- or, rather, our mentions and descriptions of hardcore, bottom-line reality did -- scare him off, and probably that is a good thing if it prevents him from making what could be very expensive mistakes..... This is the second or actually third thread/post I've read recently on various sites from people who for whatever reasons are suddenly eager to jump into photography as their new full-time way of making a living. Two out of the three have made it rather clear that well, yes, they are total novices in the world of photography, and with the third individual at this point it has been hard to tell what his or her experience has been so far, since that has not been mentioned in the OP's enthusiastic post about his now setting his sights on becoming a professional photographer. Eh.... Just as with this thread on here, the OPs on the other sites have not returned to the threads they started, either. They may all be finally coming to grips with reality, and that is good.

Seriously, it is much better for these wannabe "professionals" who have never even worked with gear beyond a P&S or their cell phone camera or maybe some inexpensive basic consumer-level DSLR much less in various challenging shooting situations to be now confronted with the reality of professional photography and all the challenges that actually entails and the various skill sets required sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Back