Hi from No. VA just outside of Wash DC.

agfa100

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
bill barton
I am just getting ready to order a used A9, my current cameras are a A7s, Sigma fp, and a RX-1. Why am I getting a A9 when all I use are older and newer manual focus lenses I am a old Leica M shooter so I have a lot of M lenses and I have been trying some of the newer Chinese M mount lenses and having fun with them.
I have been looking at the no blackout with the fast shutter and then fast electronic silent shutter. Time will tell, wish me luck.
Agfa100

Welcome! I am located in Roanoke and use an A7IV and an A9 (wildlife). I have several M42 mount lenses sitting around and haven't tried to adapt those to my Sony bodies yet.

Welcome from your neck of the woods; northeast DC. I’m primarily a studio shooter and I‘m also new to Sony mirrorless (A7RM4a) cameras. I’ve worked with medium and large format and the Minolta/Sony continuum since the SRT-101.

It’ll be good seeing you around!

Hi, Neighbor! I'm also in Northern Virginia, in one of the close-in suburbs just across the Potomac from DC. I've been using Sony since late 2019 and currently am shooting with the A7R V and the A1 and various lenses that I've been gradually accumulating over the past three years. I can make assurances that you will really appreciate the no-blackout feature of the A9 and the speed. The silent shutter is a real blessing when shooting wildlife as well as in other (particularly indoor) situations where one doesn't want the noise of a shutter.

Thanks for the greetings everyone. Well the first A9 I ordered did not work out, but I found another one and it should be here on Mon. or Tue next week. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it's as good as it looks really looking forward to it. BTW; any of you that are close into DC this Sunday there is a group that meets at Glen Echo Park called Photoworks from 10am till 12 once a month we just show prints (it's not a camera club) we just show what we have shot or are working on and get feedback from the people that show up. It's real freeform just show up and have a look.
Thanks

Oh, wow, that brings back memories!!! A thousand years ago back in my film days I went down to Glen Echo Park a couple of times to use their darkroom because the one I customarily used in Fairfax County was temporarily closed for some reason. I took a quick look at the website and it is really nice to know that they are still keeping their photography program going and that they've still got the darkroom plus classes and exhibits! VERY cool.

Sad to say, I usually don't print my digital images; I just shoot them and share some of them online and that's it. I do agree that being with others and seeing their work and having them offer comments on one's own work is very, very valuable and useful. I miss that from classes I took years ago.

Well all the young ones are using the darkroom these days, you can print from 4x5 down they have had so many enlargers given to them as people have moved or downsized that the home darkroom that had not been used in ages just had to go. Relive your youth and stop by Sunday at 10....

Welcome Bill and thank you for joining up here. Although the a9 is starting to age now it's still a cracking camera, the stacked sensor really delivers the goods for high speed shooting, I don't think you will be disappointed in it one bit.

Well I got really lucky, the A9 showed up and it's really clean and has been updated to firmware 6 already. I am really impressed with how nice the focusing screen is and how easy it is to use for manual focus, I even broke down and picked up a used ZA 35nn f 2.8 so I would have at least one autofocus lens. I am part of a small photo group that was started because we all used to use Leica M cameras, now we are down to only 2 left that still use M leica's. Here's my first picture I took with the A9 this was shot wide open with a 50mm f 0.95 enjoy This is one of the last guy's in our group that still shoots with a film Leica.

Attachments

• DSC01000.jpeg
    DSC01000.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 30
Back