Hi from the Netherlands

Reina

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Reina
Hi,
I am Reina from the northern part of the Netherlands.
Just bought a Sony A7IV after photographing with Canon since 2008. The last years (I think about 8 years) with a 5 D Mark II.
It was about time... and boy what a difference. Still using the canon lenses with an adapter.
Planning to buy the Sony FE 16-35mm F/4.0 G PZ.

Will do some reading here on the forum to get some tips and trics,

Hi,
Just bought a Sony A7IV after photographing with Canon since 2008. The last years (I think about 8 years) with a 5 D Mark II.
It was about time... and boy what a difference. Still using the canon lenses with an adapter.

Hi, Reina.
Nice to meet you.
The A7IV is a wonderful camera (I have one), and the Sony FE 16-35mm F/4.0 G PZ is tremendously fun. I use mine for some landscape photos as well as for environmental portraits and videos. I hope you enjoy your camera and lens as much as I've enjoyed mine.

Do you have some pictures to share with us?

Hi Reina! Welcome aboard.

Skip the 16-35/4 and look at the Tamron 17-28/2.8. A bit shorter on the long end, but a faster lens and beats the 16-35/4 optically for a lot less money.

Hi Reina! Welcome aboard.

Skip the 16-35/4 and look at the Tamron 17-28/2.8. A bit shorter on the long end, but a faster lens and beats the 16-35/4 optically for a lot less money.
Hi, Tim.
Are you thinking of the older 16-35 F4?
Here's a comparison of the new PZ 16-35 F4 and the Tamron 17-28 F4.

Hi, Tim.
Are you thinking of the older 16-35 F4?
Here's a comparison of the new PZ 16-35 F4 and the Tamron 17-28 F4.
That review is for the power zoom. I mean the Vario Tessar 16-35 f/4. The Tamron spanks it soundly. No idea why anyone would want a PZ lens unless they're heavily invested in video.

DSC00752 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

DSC00740 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi, Tim.

The reason I made the distinction is
Hi,

And the PZ is the new power zoom lens, released last year.
That review is for the power zoom. I mean the Vario Tessar 16-35 f/4. The Tamron spanks it soundly. No idea why anyone would want a PZ lens unless they're heavily invested in video.

DSC00752 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

DSC00740 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr
@Reina
Here's another video comparison for you. Note: the comparison starts at 8:54

Last edited:
Thanks you all for the warm welcome!
I did do some research on the different lenses, Sigma, Tamron and the new Sony and because I love to shoot landscapes directly into the sun I understand Sony performs best without too much flare.
Picture shot with the Sony 7AIV and the Metabones adapter Canon EF to Sony E-mount T mark IV and Canon lens EF 17-40mm f4L USM.
I was very surprised at how much chromatic aberration there is in this combination. Of course that can be removed, but it tells me something about the "quality". I expect both Sony camera and lens to work better together.

Attachments

• Meerzicht Leekstermeer.jpg
    Meerzicht Leekstermeer.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 27
Correct, but again, unless you're heavily invested in video, a power zoom isn't the best choice, which is why I made the recommendation. And I'm pretty sure if I look around, I can find plenty of you tube influencers that will say the opposite. Forget the influencers and ambassadors, find image samples and look at them. Images will tell you a lot more than someone trying to earn clicks.

Welcome Reina

Welcome Reina and a big thanks for joining up here! Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Back