Sony A7 III Imaging Edge Mobile on Apple IOS 16.2 won't connect to camera

mgregg

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Mason
I replaced my iPhone 13 Pro (broken glass) and updated the iPhone to IOS 16.2 recently and cannot NOT REGISTER my SONY A73 in the Imaging Edge Mobile app. It worked great on my old phone which was running IOS 16.0. I am running the latest version of Imaging Edge Mobile: v 7.7.1.

[Perhaps I will have to wait until 16.2 is supported by the Imaging Edge Mobile Software, OR I've uncovered a bug... and I'm hoping this post will alert SONY to the problem].

Any ideas?

I have tried the three possible methods to join: using the QR code, joining via WIFI, and One-touch with the same result... I appears that like the two devices are starting to connect, but it never completes and then gives the errors (shown below).

Yes - I do have the "Local network" Settings set as suggested in the first error message screen. And yes, I have checked and followed the instructions for registering the A73 to the Imaging Edge Mobile App.

I have a workaround, but would really like to get this feature working again mostly to grab the GPS metadata saved with my camera's RAW images that the Imaging Edge App can hand to the camera like before.

I attached images of the errors that appear on the Imaging Edge Mobile app after it fails to register.

IMG_406829762D43-1.jpeg

When clicking OK the next message appears.

IMG_B75CD5B5B7A0-1.jpeg

This post won’t alert Sony to anything - they don’t monitor every web site in the world looking for problems.

You need to connect to a Sony website to lodge a problem report. Start with the Sony website in the country where you bought the camera.

Back