Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
The local facebook bird page I am on is as I see it become a joke page.
There is a woman who thinks she is doing so well and the idiots on the page are making her think this was as well.
The photos I will post are of a White-plumed Honeyeater and the 1st is my shot which is what they actually look like
And the 2nd shot is what this woman and the page as giving so much attention to.
I think they are setting her up to fail in the long run as well you make up your mind on the shots.
DSC09090.JPG
  • ILCE-7M2
  • 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary 020
  • 381.2 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 100
387838846_10160810331281005_5270653091261653039_n.jpg

So is the problem that she has photographed a different species and misidentified it, or is her white balance badly out of whack? (well, "orange balance"!)

Sorry! As a non-twitcher, I honestly don't know if this is a different species or not.

So is the problem that she has photographed a different species and misidentified it, or is her white balance badly out of whack? (well, "orange balance"!)

Sorry! As a non-twitcher, I honestly don't know if this is a different species or not.
They are both the same bird and she ID it correctly but stuffed up the colours badly and the page just let her go with it and not a word was said.
As to why the local page will become a joke if they don't start to state a few facts instead of being nice all the time.
I did send her a message and told her. She agreed with this one but said her others are good but they are not.
And this is because no one want to hear the truth no more as it is offensive.

They are both the same bird and she ID it correctly but stuffed up the colours badly and the page just let her go with it and not a word was said.
As to why the local page will become a joke if they don't start to state a few facts instead of being nice all the time.
I did send her a message and told her. She agreed with this one but said her others are good but they are not.
And this is because no one want to hear the truth no more as it is offensive.
That's a pretty dreadful white balance error.

That's a pretty dreadful white balance error.
I told her that she has to do more with the sliders on her Lightroom to try to improve them but it was like water off a Ducks back.
So I will no longer try to help her but I am sure it is the sliders and as you have said to.

Back