Followers
Following
Name
Nick Williams
Country
United Kingdom
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I don't normally feel under pressure at weddings having shot over 1300 of them. This one was different in the Bride is a professional wedding photographer and by the time the evening came along so were 5-6 of here guests. So setting up for the firework shot, I had them all behind me, supping a bear to two watching me work and wondering if I could capture the display. I had not men any of them before so that added to the fun and I could hear them chatting. I think I coped well but was thinking, what the most under pressure you have been?
2023-10-19_0001.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 6 sec
  • ISO 100

Well, I'm currently managing about $150,000,000.00 worth of projects, so... pressure?

Nie shots!

Well, I'm currently managing about $150,000,000.00 worth of projects, so... pressure?

Nie shots!
Photography? I'm ex military so I have been under far more pressure on operations than photographing a wedding. I just talking photography

Photography? I'm ex military so I have been under far more pressure on operations than photographing a wedding. I just talking photography
Nope. I’ve refused more than one wedding. Photography is not my main job, so no reason to put myself in those situations. I came too close this past weekend, made an error that someone who shoots that stuff regularly would’ve caught. My biggest concern when shooting is usually an engine explosion right next to me.

Those firework shots are wonderful. You certainly do some epic stuff where you have to combine completely different light in the same scene. I wouldn't know where to start with the fireworks, never mind capturing the couple and the trees in the same shot.

Being an amateur: I don't have to get the shot(s). I don't have to deliver them, and I don't have to do that on time. That I like.

Those firework shots are wonderful. You certainly do some epic stuff where you have to combine completely different light in the same scene. I wouldn't know where to start with the fireworks, never mind capturing the couple and the trees in the same shot.

Being an amateur: I don't have to get the shot(s). I don't have to deliver them, and I don't have to do that on time. That I like.
The best fireworks photos I find are those with some fore ground interest like the trees. I had two off camera Godox V1 flashes either side of the couple on stands. Good fireworks also help :)

Back