L-Bracket suggestions for A6xxx?

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

FowlersFreeTime

Well Known Member
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 19, 2020
Name
Chris
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
I want to learn how to take panoramas, and to do that effectively, I believe I need an L Bracket for my A6400.
So far, these are the two best choices I see:

1594151461_1570132.jpg

1559831439_IMG_1196735.jpg

Any other suggestions? I'm leaning towards the second one because it is cheaper and I question whether I really trust the grip extension on the first model pictured.

JDinTulsa

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Nov 16, 2021
Name
Jeff Westmoreland
Country
United States
City/State
Tulsa, OK
I would go with the SmallRig bracket because of the added handle. It increases the grip depth and, SmallRig makes other adapters that you could add if needed. I decided to go with a full cage on my A6600. That gives you threaded mounting holes on all 4 sides for future endeavors. At least, that my thoughts on it, FWIW. :sneaky:(y)

Reactions: FowlersFreeTime

FowlersFreeTime

Well Known Member
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 19, 2020
Name
Chris
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
I would go with the SmallRig bracket because of the added handle. It increases the grip depth and, SmallRig makes other adapters that you could add if needed. I decided to go with a full cage on my A6600. That gives you threaded mounting holes on all 4 sides for future endeavors. At least, that my thoughts on it, FWIW. :sneaky:(y)
Thanks JD. I appreciate all input.
Can you tell me more about your decision to go with a full cage? I have always been curious why people choose that path?

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
I did a short review of the UURig R006 a while back. It's a nice l-bracket that also makes the camera a little more comfortable to hold. Only negative is that it makes it more difficult to remove the SD card. I've not tried the SmallRig version but most of their products are pretty good. A full cage will add more weight and protection but I'd normally only use one if attaching additional accessories like a mic or external recorder.

Reactions: FowlersFreeTime

FowlersFreeTime

Well Known Member
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 19, 2020
Name
Chris
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
I did a short review of the UURig R006 a while back. It's a nice l-bracket that also makes the camera a little more comfortable to hold. Only negative is that it makes it more difficult to remove the SD card. I've not tried the SmallRig version but most of their products are pretty good. A full cage will add more weight and protection but I'd normally only use one if attaching additional accessories like a mic or external recorder.
Great review Tim, I think it might be the right tool for me after all!

Reactions: Timothy Mayo

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.