Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
The head fella of our local bird club is putting his house up for sale and is then for how ever long is going to travel Australia birding and catching up with other mates.
He (Slim) will call up and ask if I would like to go here or there with him and these are usually day long outings.
So to say the least I will miss this outing as it isn't just about the birding we talk and plan the next group outings.
And all this will be gone. But good on him for making the move as he is no young pup anymore and is actually older than I am.
I know he will ask me 1st and if I have other plans then he will ask others but 99% of the time I am there.
This is what is called a major move on in birding for me.

Sorry to hear the news. Definitely more fun with your buds on an outing.

That's a shame Ralph, but an opportunity too I guess. We moved away from a place where we had a good group of friends at reserves, but life must go on,.

Sorry to hear the news. Definitely more fun with your buds on an outing.
This fella is a wealth of knowledge and you go out and get an education at the same time.
Plus I don't know how he does it but he just knows how to get to different places.
Totally amazing
That's a shame Ralph, but an opportunity too I guess. We moved away from a place where we had a good group of friends at reserves, but life must go on,.
Yes and I do agree with ya on that but we have a good yap as we are moving about and things like that.

The head fella of our local bird club is putting his house up for sale and is then for how ever long is going to travel Australia birding and catching up with other mates.
He (Slim) will call up and ask if I would like to go here or there with him and these are usually day long outings.
So to say the least I will miss this outing as it isn't just about the birding we talk and plan the next group outings.
And all this will be gone. But good on him for making the move as he is no young pup anymore and is actually older than I am.
I know he will ask me 1st and if I have other plans then he will ask others but 99% of the time I am there.
This is what is called a major move on in birding for me.
Sorry

It will be sad but it was going to happen sooner or later. A few things in the club pushed it to an earlier time.

Sad to hear your pain Ralph, change is tough sometimes. I wish your mate well for his trip, bet he's excited!

Sad to hear your pain Ralph, change is tough sometimes. I wish your mate well for his trip, bet he's excited!
He is only using the home as a base station as it is now. And will have their caravan and travel looking for birds form all over now.
This has been in his planning for a while he just needed something to push him and that came from another member.
And he is so happy abut it .

Back