New Sony 70-200 f/2.8 GM mark II

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

Reynolds

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Jun 16, 2021
Name
Reynolds Young
Sorry to hear that. It is a superb lens.

I found mine in stock at my local dealer. Maybe ring a few to see if someone has one? Someone a few posts up found one in stock, so I’m not the only one.
Yes…call around some smaller shops. Clearly there are a few around.

pointreyes

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 7, 2020
Country
United States
City/State
Dallas/Oregon
Ordered mine in early Dec and BH is now saying it won't ship until May 2022
The local store still does not have a status on mine. I've only been on the list since mid-December. I missed the first shipment they got. Bad timing on my part. The 70-200 GM is my favorite zoom to use in this Willamette Valley weather.

Madness

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Oct 22, 2021
Name
M Madness
Reading all the posts here, makes me think two things; or the demand in the European market is not so great or the same market gets more lenses. Same goes for Australia. I got my lense quite fast. And am impressed by it, non the less.

AlphaWorld

Well Known Member
Original poster
Followers
Following
Apr 8, 2021
Name
Tony
My theory is that Australia gets an early shipment because that single shipment can fill pre-orders and put a few on the shelves. Same size shipment to the US would vanish without trace leaving plaintive cries of “where’s mine???”

Theory. Not verified. Not fact. But something I hope continue!

pointreyes

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 7, 2020
Country
United States
City/State
Dallas/Oregon
My theory is that Australia gets an early shipment because that single shipment can fill pre-orders and put a few on the shelves. Same size shipment to the US would vanish without trace leaving plaintive cries of “where’s mine???”

Theory. Not verified. Not fact. But something I hope continue!

Date of Order: October 20, 2021
Item: Heliopan 49mm RG 780 Infrared filter
Quantity: 1

Looks to me that it is a sign of how bad distribution of product is for the United States. Bad weather, lack of transport drivers, and lack of workers at the docks are a continuing problem for the US at this time.

Jeff A

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Oct 31, 2020
Name
Jeff
Country
United States
City/State
Elk Grove, California
BH contacted me to tell me the Lens is arriving 4 months early...it's here tomorrow!!
See, sometimes there is good news. Mine was receiving my A7 M4 on Christmas Eve day and using it on Christmas. OK, now back to reality. :mad:

Reactions: LightCurve

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.