Pergear cf express A

I have one on the way to me so I hope to test this very soon.

I have 4 of the 160GB. If the speed is any different than the Sony CF-A it isn't noticeable. I do notice that more often than not I can't send images from the camera to the phone when using ProGear cards.

Just spotted this at B&H. Ever hear of it? Prices are really starting to adjust now, this is encouraging.

today.JPG

Just spotted this at B&H. Ever hear of it? Prices are really starting to adjust now, this is encouraging.

View attachment 44067
I tested one of these in my A7R V Memory Card Guide. It's not the fastest but it's still probably fast enough for most. They do have faster cards as well though, one of which is being sent to me for testing. The Angelbird 1TB AV Pro CFexpress 2.0 Type A Memory Card is pretty good value at around $500 but only if you need that much capacity.

I tested one of these in my A7R V Memory Card Guide. It's not the fastest but it's still probably fast enough for most. They do have faster cards as well though, one of which is being sent to me for testing. The Angelbird 1TB AV Pro CFexpress 2.0 Type A Memory Card is pretty good value at around $500 but only if you need that much capacity.
Thanks. For the cameras shoot now a 128 SD is enough, so a 160 or 180 CF would be plenty. I would be more concerned with capacity if I bump to one of the R series or the A1.

Just received my 260 gb card. Ordered through amazon. Came very securely wrapped with bubble wrap. The card in is what appears to be a large wooden like plastic and with a large lens cloth. I'm going away for the weekend so will give it a go and report back.

I've got a 520 on order. Should be here Friday. Blue Angels are in town so I'll be certain to load it up in a few days worth of shooting RAW+JPEG

I've got a 520 on order. Should be here Friday. Blue Angels are in town so I'll be certain to load it up in a few days worth of shooting RAW+JPEG
Where are the "Blues" this weekend?

Where are the "Blues" this weekend?
Seattle! On a 16ft boat today for practice day. Not that great for shooting. :)

A bit choppy and worse viewpoint than being ideally positioned on the shore.

Always great to hang out w friends on the water.

Did you take a camera? Lake Washington, correct? My Son works at Salty's on Alki and they got a few views there. I have an airshow in September. Time for my 100-400 GM!

Did you take a camera? Lake Washington, correct? My Son works at Salty's on Alki and they got a few views there. I have an airshow in September. Time for my 100-400 GM!
We love Salty's. Great place for dinner, drinks and one of the best views in / of the city!

First time shooting from a small boat. It was interesting. They keep you pretty far from the flight path for the tricks and combined with a little chop in the water (17 ft bowrunner) but really fun perspective.

It was a practice day today but still plenty of action.

DSC02180terrys.jpeg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 347.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 500
DSC02178terrys.jpeg
  • ILCE-1
  • 332.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 500
DSC01842terrys.jpeg
  • ILCE-1
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 500
DSC01768terrys.jpeg
  • ILCE-1
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 500
DSC02186terrys.jpeg
  • ILCE-1
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 500
DSC01766terrys.jpeg
  • ILCE-1
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 500

Attachments

• DSC02374terrys.jpeg
    DSC02374terrys.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 22
Great shots! I was hoping that you were shooting. I'm going to attend a USAF Thunderbirds performance in September. I'm hoping for good conditions. It would be a bit un-nerving to shoot from a small boat but you pulled it off.

Great shots! I was hoping that you were shooting. I'm going to attend a USAF Thunderbirds performance in September. I'm hoping for good conditions. It would be a bit un-nerving to shoot from a small boat but you pulled it off.
September in Cali? Probably gonna be dry. Thanks for the kind words. Will be able to shoot again on Sunday - it'll be from the shore this time. The T-birds should be an excellent show. I love the F-35 too. Cool looking plane. :)

Good luck on Sunday. Are you a Raw shooter, Iggy?

Good luck on Sunday. Are you a Raw shooter, Iggy?
Thnx! Now I am. :D

I typically shoot raw+jpeg. New workflow is just a quick perusal to cull and then I dump the seemingly promising ones into Photo AI.

Need to learn LR/PS as I’ve never been one for post but have the Creative Cloud for a year.

Back