Possible New Sony Lenses ?

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

avalon27

Newcomer
Original poster
Followers
Following
Feb 23, 2021
Name
John

軒下デジカメ情報局

@nokishita_c

·
11h

ソニーが次に発表するレンズはコンパクトなGレンズで、FE24mmとFE40mmとFE50mmになるらしい。#噂 #訂正

Translation

Digital camera information station under the eaves
@nokishita_c

The next lens that Sony will announce is a compact G lens, which will be FE24mm, FE40mm and FE50mm. #Rumor #Correction

FowlersFreeTime

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 19, 2020
Name
Chris Fowler
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
All these G lenses are nice for those who have the coin, but those of us with real-world budgets and/or APSC cameras are less interested 😅
Thank goodness for Tamron and Sigma, offering more affordable glass.

Reactions: J.Duffy

avalon27

Newcomer
Original poster
Followers
Following
Feb 23, 2021
Name
John
Well I guess our real worlds vary - and choice is good. That being said I wont be chasing either the new 35mm or 50mm GM's - as a hobbyist I cannot justify them for me. I do have 1GM and 1G - and 2 Tamron and am pleased with all of them, plus some legacy glass of high quality/low price which I love. YMMV.

FowlersFreeTime

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 19, 2020
Name
Chris Fowler
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
I'll agree with you there John: choice is good indeed.

AlphaWorld

Followers
Following
Apr 8, 2021
Name
Tony
How do you repeatedly sell a Lamborghini? Is that like those people who sell the Brooklyn Bridge over and over?

:sneaky: :unsure:

garuda

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Sep 14, 2020
Name
Mike
City/State
Illinois
How do you repeatedly sell a Lamborghini?....... :sneaky: :unsure:.......

What's a Lamborghini? Is that some kind of fancy Italian linguine pasta dish? I was talking about my ten exotic Persian cats, all of them are named Lambo. These cats are very expensive you know. :oops:...... :LOL:

• Haha

AlphaWorld

Followers
Following
Apr 8, 2021
Name
Tony
What's a Lamborghini? Is that some kind of fancy Italian linguine pasta dish? I was talking about my ten exotic Persian cats, all of them are named Lambo. These cats are very expensive you know. :oops:...... :LOL:
Oh, and I imagine they are homing cats, which explains how you can sell them repeatedly. That's clever! I've only ever been owned by Abyssinian cats, which are not particularly exotic, but display eminently catty.

garuda

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Sep 14, 2020
Name
Mike
City/State
Illinois
Oh, and I imagine they are homing cats, which explains how you can sell them repeatedly. That's clever! I've only ever been owned by Abyssinian cats, which are not particularly exotic, but display eminently catty.

Okay, enough joking. And you are very witty Tony, and sharp at camera stuff. Good combination, good for you. Let's put this one to bed.

Last edited:

Jeff A

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Oct 31, 2020
Name
Jeff
Country
United States
City/State
Elk Grove, California
garuda is hitting the Sauce again!

• Haha
Reactions: J.Duffy and garuda

J.Duffy

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Jan 26, 2021
Name
Jessica Duffy
Country
United States
City/State
Madison, Indiana
All these G lenses are nice for those who have the coin, but those of us with real-world budgets and/or APSC cameras are less interested 😅
Thank goodness for Tamron and Sigma, offering more affordable glass.
I have a Full frame camera and have a Sony, Tamron, and Sigma lens. I spent my coin on the body, lol. I probably won't own another Sony lens. Not because I don't want to but because I can't afford it. If a have to have lens shows up I might save for it....

garuda

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Sep 14, 2020
Name
Mike
City/State
Illinois
Vodka Sauce?

Boy oh boy... you guys just won't let up on us poor old wino sots. I might have a few glasses of wine once in a while, but I never swallow it... because I'm try to watch my weight problem. Calories, yea know. :rolleyes:.... :LOL:

Jeff A

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Oct 31, 2020
Name
Jeff
Country
United States
City/State
Elk Grove, California
We've got your number now, Bubba!

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.