So grateful to find you all! (Texas)

Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Ma23peas

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Hou$e!2345
Oh wow!! This is amazing!! I really won't be able to add that much info-I'm pretty green with photography. My goal is to be not so green by the time we take a hiking trip to Scotland in September- I'll be driving our party of 6 in a 9 passenger van- the camera and photography is going to be my 'zen' place outside of the driving seat :)

I've bought 6 cameras in 30 years-(Sony, Canon, Panasonic) use each for about 6 months and they get stored away- just kept using the phone. Now, I want to flip that. Bought the Sony a7c with the kit lens and the Sony 85mm lens to explore. I wanted weather resistant, compact, and fun to shoot :) Ordered a wrist strap and neck strap- extra battery and memory card- I think I'm ready to play!

Something I'm interested in- how and why did you program your presets? I'd love to find short cuts and the reasoning behind it :) Thanks so much!
Thank you for adding me!

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Welcome and thanks for joining up here! A hiking trip to Scotland sounds great! I've not been up there for a couple of years now and I live a little closer than you do! :) I don't have the a7C unfortunately so I'm not so familiar with the custom button options, I know there's not quite so many as on the larger bodies though. I mainly shoot wildlife so I like to have mine setup so that I can quickly jump between a couple of different focus modes. I use the AF Area Registration to achieve this and assign this to a custom button. If it makes sense for your style of shooting then you can find the steps in the online guide here: https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/2020/v1/en/contents/TP1000153295.html