Sony A7iv focus green box/s disappeared

charvin

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Charles Calleja
good morning some help please The focus green box/s has disappeared from screen and evf. How do I get them back. What could have I done wrong ?
thank you charlie

Hi Charlie welcome,

Have you checked you focus spot settings in the focus menu section……maybe you have inadvertently
switched it off if you have it set up in your my `menu“ or “Fn” settings.

alternatively have you changed your focus area settings from previous when you were seeing the focus
spot……?

good afternoon Deleted Member 5003
many many thanks for your kind reply. I had been plying with the camera setting almost all of this morning and finally I managed to get the green boxes back. Most probably I had by mistake turned off AF-C Area display. Dont know how as I hardly touch any settings. However lately I received the sony flash EVL F 46 and was setting both camera and flash so perhaps must have touched this item in menu.
Thank you again for your kind interest.
While we are on it a new firmware is out version 1.1 but some persons are saying not to update for now as sony has found some bugs and will be re updating this version. Is this correct ??
thank you again take care charlie

good afternoon Deleted Member 5003
many many thanks for your kind reply. I had been plying with the camera setting almost all of this morning and finally I managed to get the green boxes back. Most probably I had by mistake turned off AF-C Area display. Dont know how as I hardly touch any settings. However lately I received the sony flash EVL F 46 and was setting both camera and flash so perhaps must have touched this item in menu.
Thank you again for your kind interest.
While we are on it a new firmware is out version 1.1 but some persons are saying not to update for now as sony has found some bugs and will be re updating this version. Is this correct ??
Hi Charlie,
Yes their is a problem in upgrading to v1. 10......the first is you must update to v1. 05 if you have not done so before going to v1. 10. Secondly as you indicate their is
An issue with the new update.

If you go to the section on A7r iv firmware on this site you will see the complete history on this matter which Tim the site administrator keeps updated.

Hope this helps

The firmware updates have been suspended by Sony due to bugs in the firmware.

It was confirmed that some products that updated may not operate properly in some cases. Distribution will be suspended until we can inform you of modified version. (August 24, 2022)

Back