Sony A7s User in the Caribbean

Shutterwizard

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Frankie
Hi Guys

I like recording TLEs (Transient Luminmous Events) like Red Sprites and Gigantic Jets. I also enjoy recording meteors and any other type of phenomena that appear in the night sky. I'm here to hopefully get some answers and suggestions from fellow Sony A7s users. I believe this will be the place to provide that.

Welcome. Whereabouts in the Caribbean are you located?
As for A7S users, we have few video-centric users here, but don't let that dissuade you from posting!

Welcome. Whereabouts in the Caribbean are you located?
As for A7S users, we have few video-centric users here, but don't let that dissuade you from posting!
Thanx. I'm located in the southwestern part of Puerto Rico. The Sony A7s takes some great videos but the rolling shutter can be a nuisance. I will still post just in case others have had this issue.

I'm from Jamaica, and go visit a few times a year. Every time I try to get night sky shots, just like here in South Florida, its either too much cloud cover or light pollution. Never tried night-time video though.

I'm from Jamaica, and go visit a few times a year. Every time I try to get night sky shots, just like here in South Florida, its either too much cloud cover or light pollution. Never tried night-time video though.
You should give it a try. Try getting an F/0.95 lens for best results.

I have a 16mm f1.4 collecting dust waiting for the next meteor shower (when its not overcast)!
F/1.4 is pretty good also. For meteors I'm using a 24mm F/1.5 lens. It is a little noisy but you can reduce the noise in Adobe Premiere.

Back