Sony will announce at least five new E-mount cameras in 2023!

I think the ZV-1 was a successful little camera, not for most of us on this forum, but I say good on them for keeping it updated.

It seems that vlogging is where the money is at the moment. They just announced the premium ZV-E1, now this cheaper camera... And I read that the future A6700 and A7CII will be promoted as vlogging-friendly cameras as well. Good news if that means that the mirrorless market will grow or stay strong.

It seems that vlogging is where the money is at the moment. They just announced the premium ZV-E1, now this cheaper camera... And I read that the future A6700 and A7CII will be promoted as vlogging-friendly cameras as well. Good news if that means that the mirrorless market will grow or stay strong.
I freely admit that I bought the a6400 to vlog but there were two things wrong with that: 1 I was very bad at it, and 2 the camera didn't have any stabilization. Thankfully I came to my senses and learned to appreciate photography instead. However, the point to my story is, if the ZV1 had been available 4-5 yrs ago, I might have bought one. Sony's a little late on the "vlogging" craze, but what they are doing now (and I think its great) is that they're offering more powerful tools for that market segment and not just giving them recycled camera parts.

When the a6700 comes out, I'll still be taking photos, but I might get back to some limited video work as well, and that is the beauty of Sony's product line: you can have both capabilities in the same camera.

I freely admit that I bought the a6400 to vlog but there were two things wrong with that: 1 I was very bad at it, and 2 the camera didn't have any stabilization. Thankfully I came to my senses and learned to appreciate photography instead. However, the point to my story is, if the ZV1 had been available 4-5 yrs ago, I might have bought one. Sony's a little late on the "vlogging" craze, but what they are doing now (and I think its great) is that they're offering more powerful tools for that market segment and not just giving them recycled camera parts.

When the a6700 comes out, I'll still be taking photos, but I might get back to some limited video work as well, and that is the beauty of Sony's product line: you can have both capabilities in the same camera.

We are spoilt for choice haha. And there are another 3 Sony cameras in the coming months, rumours say...

We are spoilt for choice haha. And there are another 3 Sony cameras in the coming months, rumours say...
I only care about one of them amigo! Actually, that's not true: I only want to buy one of the camera coming soon, but I am genuinely interested in the trajectory of Sony cameras in general.

Back