Following
Name
Alex Pler
Country
Spain
City/State
Barcelona
Last edited:
I think it's going to be very expensive and something I don't want. Seems my wants and needs are out of the norm.

I don’t think it will be anything that I’ll be interested in either.

f/2 will mean it's going to be big and heavy.

I think I'll be happy staying with the 20-70 f/4.

f/2 will mean it's going to be big and heavy.

I think I'll be happy staying with the 20-70 f/4.

So do I, as the 20-70 f4 is just perfect for my needs. But I guess this rumoured new lens will be aimed towards professional photographers of indoor events (like the upcoming Olympics?).

Or someone like me, who needs the focal range in a fast lens and would rather carry an f/2 zoom than a 24, 35, and 50 primes and have to change them in poor conditions. However, the added 20 over the rumored Sigma 25-50/2 doesn't do much for me, and I'm almost 100% certain a lens like that will be smaller/lighter/less expensive. I'm hoping Sigma does it as a 24-50 or even a 20-50 though.

Or someone like me, who needs the focal range in a fast lens and would rather carry an f/2 zoom than a 24, 35, and 50 primes and have to change them in poor conditions. However, the added 20 over the rumored Sigma 25-50/2 doesn't do much for me, and I'm almost 100% certain a lens like that will be smaller/lighter/less expensive. I'm hoping Sigma does it as a 24-50 or even a 20-50 though.

The rumour says that there will be more superfast zoom lenses coming so who knows, maybe you have a 24-50 f1.8 in your way haha.

I've been happy with my 24-70 f/2.8. I can't imagine the price tag on this new lens to gain a stop? It's a hard pass for me.....

And, as I've already seen with the 85 f/1.8 there will be more CA to deal with in the f/2.0. I'm sure though there will be coatings to help with it, but still.

No worries, Sony hears you.

According to trusted sources we should get four new Sony E-mount lenses between now and early Summer:

Only the 24-70 comes close, but I only need 24-50, and I don't plan to spend $3,000 to get there, I'll just keep using my primes for now.

I already have the Tamron 17-28/2.8, but I want faster than 2.8 for at night. The difference of 2.8 to 2 is the same difference as ISO 16000 to ISO 8000.

Sigma is rumored to possibly introduce a 25-50/2. It would be smaller than Sony's 24-70, and probably about half the cost.

Back