Cameron Ford
Hello,

I am trying to update 2.0 Firmware
I have formatted the cards, tried Mac / PC, Drag n drop and put in "ROOT file"
Ejected the card
Inserted the card
followed the steps
Every time (7 attempts)
"There is no media inserted in slot 1, there is no update file in the media, or the file is damaged"

There are no other files types in the cards as they have been formatted.
Its really getting annoying.

.... any help ?

Last edited:
What's the name including extension of the file that you have copied over to the memory card?

Also which firmware version is your camera currently on?

Format the card in camera. [I mean while inserted in the camera from the camera menus] It generates a couple of folders. Insert SD card in computer. Put update dat file on sd card Don’t put the file in a folder.

Put the sd card in cam and switch on.

Last edited:
Thats what I was wondering. If he is on a early firmware it won't go on to 2 with out going to a later firmware.
Hello, my Firmware Version is 1.11
Format the card in camera. [I mean while inserted I. The camera from the camera menus] It generates a couple of folders. Insert SD card in computer. Put update dat file on sd card Don’t put the file in a folder.

Put the sd card in cam and switch on.
Hello,

Thanks for the reply, i have done this step with now 3 different cards.
4gb, 64gb,128gb

Formatted the cards from camera
tried several file paths on several cards
file BODYDATA.DAT
file size 855 MB (896,712,088 bytes)

... still nothing and same error

Hello, my Firmware Version is 1.11

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, i have done this step with now 3 different cards.
4gb, 64gb,128gb

Formatted the cards from camera
tried several file paths on several cards
file BODYDATA.DAT
file size 855 MB (896,712,088 bytes)

... still nothing and same error
Place a copy of dat file into every folder ?

I’m running out of ideas…. Put it on both SD cards? It will check slot 1 first [ the one on the left/top]. It’s likely to only check that slot for dat files.

Last edited:
Place a copy of dat file into every folder ?

I’m running out of ideas…. Put it on both SD cards? It will check slot 1 first [ the one on the left/top]. It’s likely to only check that slot for dat files.
No, the file has to be in the root directory (not in a folder) - that is critical.

Like AlphaWorld said, the file needs to be in the root directory (not in a folder) otherwise it won't work. Someone else had a similar problem recently and it was because they were putting it in a folder instead of the root. Make sure it's definitely in slot 1 as well since slot 2 won't work for updates.

Back