What do you think AI will mean for you?

Bollygum

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Stephen Axford
I am looking forward to it progresssing as I see it making life easier for me. For society as a whole it will be a challenge, but lots of things are and it will further test our ability to distinguish fact from fiction

Easier for the scammers I suspect!

You do understand that the World Economic Forum are advertising that AI will do all the thinking for a human's mind by the year 2030..?

My family and I will be away from everything on a self reliant property so it won't be us. Although I hope that everyone enjoys having an easy life of not having to do anything but receive all the 'goodies' that your over lords allow you to have.

I promise that you will be reassessing your welcoming of this in the very near future. It is absolutely not for your benefit, it is literally anti human technology as a whole. They sell it by doing all these fantastic 'AI' additions to small things in our lives so that people don't look into what this technology is truly capable of, and what policy makers for world governments are currently setting up in regards to it.

The World Economic Forum's slogan for what kicked into overdrive at the start of 2020 headed in CEO Klaus Schwabb's book The Great Reset. 'You will own nothing and you will be happy'. The fourth industrial revolution is the transfer to AI.

Please look into this. Be aware of exactly who and what you are supporting...

View attachment 39819

The guy in the photo looks like he is sitting on something vaguely pleasurable, but also unmentionable I think many more people will be doing creative work, or work that requires human intelligence. AI's still have a long way to go before they can do the things that a human brain can do. Neuroscience has come a long way in a short time but my general impression is that we only understand a little of how the brain actually works or is programmed. We have no idea how to program consciouness on a normal computer let alone an organic brain - and we don't know anything about programming a human brain.
As for where society is headed, AI is only one of the factors and possible not the biggest.

We’ve been seeing the impacts for quite some time. At one point, before CAD, decisions were made by architects that were quite hands on. In the ‘80s a book that I think was called “A Pattern Language” was published that suggested that building elements would be selected from schedules of types, then fitted together in what the architect considered appropriate.

Here we are 40 years later and those elements are arranged in object libraries, selected by architects in the building information model. The prophesy is realized.

There is a departure from what was. The building elements are often established by third parties, who may or may not be architects, and the design outcomes are often predicated by the limits of the software being employed. Limited by the imagination of software engineers. It’s rarely the fact these days that art is just a line going for a walk. The lines are restricted by AI and human nature embraces a lazy approach. My observation is that design using building information modeling is somewhat akin to doing the groceries and filling your trolley with this week’s fad diet. You can choose where you shop, but the selection is limited to what remains on the shelves. Fast pre-assembled food prevails.

No doubt, with the intensely sharp images that mirrorless cameras are honed to produce, all of this sameness is already a product of AI. Do you think that sensor is not already enhancing sharpness, for instance?

Last edited:
Pattern language doesn’t sound all that revolutionary. AI would allow you to plan entire complexes and move things around by simple voice commands, not just select components from a library, but it would still require a decision maker ie a man or woman. Of course the decision maker may no longer be an architect, but that’s just bureaucracy.

Pattern language doesn’t sound all that revolutionary. AI would allow you to plan entire complexes and move things around by simple voice commands, not just select components from a library, but it would still require a decision maker ie a man or woman. Of course the decision maker may no longer be an architect, but that’s just bureaucracy.
Yes, what I was ineptly saying is that AI is going to create a limitation on human expression. The technology will limit results because we are innately lazy. Automated focus? Farewell Gerhardt Richter.

Yes, what I was ineptly saying is that AI is going to create a limitation on human expression. The technology will limit results because we are innately lazy. Automated focus? Farewell Gerhardt Richter.
Maybe a new door will open as this one closes

Absolutely nothing

Of course it is useful to lemmings charging over a cliff after each other without out a thought as to why they are doing it, and the brain washed who can not do the basics in life.

Back