Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Sony A1 a/f focus point missing from my viewfinder

Angieb

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Angie Birmingham
Country
United States
City/State
Corpus Christi Texas
I am having a issue with one of my A1’s the my a/f focus point missing. Is there a setting that might have been changed?

Forgive the obvious question - you aren’t in MF, are you? That would do it (I just double-checked - yes, it would).

I should have mentioned that in my post. No not in MF it will still grab and focus but it like I am using the whole screen (zone) so it doesn't show the little red square even though I am in medium tracking. I can't seem to get a reply from Sony Pro Services, just really frustrated.

Wide is whole screen; zone is a bit smaller.

That is odd. If you solve it, do let us know what it was, please.

An option - save your setup to a memory card, factory reset the camera, then reload your setup - that may clear some transient glitch.

Or if all your A1 bodies are meant to be the same, you could save the setup on a working one and restore that on the misbehaving one.

One of the reps From Pro services called me and they are baffled but by changing the lens out it came back. If it happens again they want me to send it in so they can figure out what it is. They believe a glitch in the software but time will tell. Mine is the only issue like this reported.

New in Marketplace

Back