Sony A7 III Sea Water Protection

Josi

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
📸 I recently heard (read on fb) that someone's A7iii's LCD screen was destroyed after being splashed with rainwater, and also recently that someone elses was destroyed from a splash of seawater. Do you do anything to protect your camera from water / rain or sea ? Do you feel confident to take it out in the rain? When I bought it I thought it was weatherproof.

They actually make rain covers for camera and lens. This may be a good starting point: Wex Photo
I would also do a YouTube search for: Sony A7III rain covers.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Thank you. I did order one thing and whilst the idea was good, it was much too big really - was like a T shaped thick plastic bag. Better than nothing but not ideal. I think I’m going to look at some proper water housing cases (if that’s the correct way to describe them)

Thank you. I did order one thing and whilst the idea was good, it was much too big really - was like a T shaped thick plastic bag. Better than nothing but not ideal. I think I’m going to look at some proper water housing cases (if that’s the correct way to describe them)
I can imagine that not all options are ideal and I'm sorry I can't be of further assistance. Best of luck in your search. :)

The camera is weather sealed ,so is resistant to water, but there are limits. I went to Victoria Falls earlier in the year, and used a rain cover, they aren't ideal, and get very hot with your hands inside too, but better that than damage that can be avoided.

Hi i got my rain cover on Amazon for 30 quid, great investment make sure you get the right size for you camera and lens

Hi i have done underwater photography with a housing and they are not cheap by any means. Not sure if they do one for the a7iii. good luck in your quest

Back