Name
Mark
Country
United States
City/State
San Francisco bay area
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I’ve set up my a7RV to display the focus point during playback, but it’s not showing up. Any help appreciated.

Set up as described in the Sony Help Guide “Focus Frame Display (playback)”

Works perfectly for me. (I know that's not too helpful to you - but I am confirming that it can work).

Note that it only works in-camera - it doesn't show in Photoshop, for example.

I set it up when I got the camera, and that was months ago. I'm fairly sure that all I did was Playback / Playback Option / Focus Frame Display = ON - it's not the default setting.

You might want to playback an image, then cycle through the various display options - I'm not sure if it's visible on all of them.

Also, are you getting a confirmed focus? I think it only shows when it has a real focus, not when it was looking for focus. Point the camera at a person while in Human subject recognition, get a solid eye focus, take the shot, and see it you get a square around the eye.

Turns out you have to have focus highlighted (active/engaged?) when the photo is taken. I use back button focus. When I engage the back button focus (using AF ON button), then release the AF ON button and take the photo, the focus point doesn’t show during replay. If I hold down the AF ON while talking the photo (and thus focus is showing a green box), then the focus point does show during replay. Makes perfect sense now that I think about it.

Back