Sony A7 IV Back Button Focus Customization

dung

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Dung Nguyen
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set dual AF in Sony A7 IV?

Solution
Probably. You're referring to 'back button focus'. Check the online manual for custom keys. I've always used the shutter button so never looked into it.

If you look at the top of the page, click blogs and resources, then cameras, then your camera.
I got it! Thanks for pointing me to the right direction. Big help!
Welcome to the forum. No idea what you're referring to. Please explain?

If you're referring to 'dual pixel' AF, that's a Canon thing.

If you mean Phase Detect along with Contract Detect, the camera does that automatically with most lenses, although some lenses do Contrast only, and they can't be programmed differently.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set dual AF in Sony A7 IV?
Sony A7 IV has 'AF-ON' button which you can use to auto-focus an object as long as you disable 'AF' function on the shutter button (when you half press the shutter button by default to focus an object before fully pressing the button to take a photo).
So, my question is if there is another way to assign a 2nd button like 'AEL' to do the same auto-focus as 'AF-ON' button?

Welcome to the forum. No idea what you're referring to. Please explain?

If you're referring to 'dual pixel' AF, that's a Canon thing.

If you mean Phase Detect along with Contract Detect, the camera does that automatically with most lenses, although some lenses do Contrast only, and they can't be programmed differently.
Here is detail of my question. Sorry for the confusion.

Sony A7 IV has 'AF-ON' button which you can use to auto-focus an object as long as you disable 'AF' function on the shutter button (when you half press the shutter button by default to focus an object before fully pressing the button to take a photo).
So, my question is if there is another way to assign a 2nd button like 'AEL' to do the same auto-focus as 'AF-ON' button?
Thanks.

Probably. You're referring to 'back button focus'. Check the online manual for custom keys. I've always used the shutter button so never looked into it.

If you look at the top of the page, click blogs and resources, then cameras, then your camera.

I got it! Thanks for pointing me to the right direction. Big help!

Solution
Back