Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Happy Friday

waziyahtah

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
john williams
New Member from Western Massachusetts.

Just got a Sony A73 a few months ago as my first big boy camera. Now I'm hunting for the right lens to learn with.
Your forum has been extremely informational this far. A treasure trove of experience and opinion.

Welcome to the Forum John, from another new A73 owner. A word of caution, although I bought two lenses right from the beginning, I feel that I need at least one more lens, just to get started! Of course, that's wrong, especially since I don't really know in what area of photography I'm going to be most interested in. Also, like me, I suspect that you got the "Kit" lens along with your camera. With what little experience I have, I don't feel that this lens is all that bad. Also, like me, you probably got it for an additional $200, right? It's a good lens to play with for awhile. You probably won't endanger the legacy of Ansel Adams with it but that's OK. Enjoy the learning process, read reviews and it won't take too long to figure out what you really need. In my case, my wish list at B&H shows a total that is more than the value of my car. :cool:

New in Marketplace

Back