Hello from the Volunteer State

erikbock

Followers
Following
Name
Erik Bock
Wanted to say hello and thanks fro adding me. I'm in the Nashville TN area. I just got into Sony digital photography. When I say just, I bought a a7IV with a Sigma 24-70 2.8 lens as my first foray into. I spent decades as a Nikon film shooter but the whole crop factor totally messed me up and completely got away from photography for quite some time.

Really looking to get back into this as I was a serious hobbyist in the day and I've been published but that was a long long time ago. Moving back into this with digital seems like a challenge but I love a good challenge.

Erik

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Erik and thank you for joining up here! Quite a few people picking up the new a7IV right now, how are you liking it?

Welcome Erik and thank you for joining up here! Quite a few people picking up the new a7IV right now, how are you liking it?
I like it a lot. I came back to photography after probably more than 10 years away as APS-C really messed me up. I started into photography when I was 12 on a Pentax K1000, yes decades ago. I had gone to Nikon on film with the F2, F3 and F5 and my one and only DSLR was a D2X. I did a deep dive on moving into this looking at Sony Nikon and Canon and from all I watched and read I decided it was Sony And mirrorless vs DSLR or the other’s mirrorless systems. The gear I wanted was more prevelant and less expensive and the reviews were great. I was initially looking at the a7iii but decided to go with the a7IV in order to future proof me a bit. I will say it is a daunting task learning the camera’s capabilities but that’s not the camera that’s me being away a long time. I’m finally getting some photos taken and looking to start posting some of them.

I like it a lot. I came back to photography after probably more than 10 years away as APS-C really messed me up. I started into photography when I was 12 on a Pentax K1000, yes decades ago. I had gone to Nikon on film with the F2, F3 and F5 and my one and only DSLR was a D2X. I did a deep dive on moving into this looking at Sony Nikon and Canon and from all I watched and read I decided it was Sony And mirrorless vs DSLR or the other’s mirrorless systems. The gear I wanted was more prevelant and less expensive and the reviews were great. I was initially looking at the a7iii but decided to go with the a7IV in order to future proof me a bit. I will say it is a daunting task learning the camera’s capabilities but that’s not the camera that’s me being away a long time. I’m finally getting some photos taken and looking to start posting some of them.
Sounds like quite the journey! I've had my a7 IV for a little while now so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Mark Galer's YouTube Channel is also a fantastic resource for learning about Sony's Alpha camera's.

Back