Hi to all members from NW UK

badgood

Followers
Following
Name
Dean M
Hi all, my Name is Dean and I am an avid shooter both of Sony (A7C) and Canon R7
I love architecture and Motorcycle Road racing, in fact all photo opportunities.
Recently bought an A7C and am looking forward to getting out and about and not toting a bag full of large gear around.
I am sure I will be asking lots of questions and hope some of you can help me with the answers.
Once again…Hello

Welcome Dean and thanks again for joining up here as well! It's maybe early days but how are you finding switching between the R7 and the A7C? My R5 is setup very similar to my Sony camera's but I do get confused at times! Which is your favourite circuit in the UK? I've been to Oulton Park a few times and Donington as they are not too far from me.

My favourite circuit is definitely Oulton Park and it is local to me.
I raced for quite a long time and raced at most of the UK circuits and also really like Caldwell Park and Brands although it was a long way for me.
Swapping between menus is quite a hassle, I’m glad I’m not the only one 👍

My favourite circuit is definitely Oulton Park and it is local to me.
I raced for quite a long time and raced at most of the UK circuits and also really like Caldwell Park and Brands although it was a long way for me.
Swapping between menus is quite a hassle, I’m glad I’m not the only one 👍
I don't ride but I enjoy watching the bikes and taking photos. I like Oulton as the circuits not too big so it's easy to walk around. I've been to Silverstone but didn't enjoy walking around there too much. I've been to Brands once which I loved but it's miles away from me and a little too close to London and all of the traffic for my liking, so I probably won't be going back. Caldwell Park has been on my list for a while, would love to get some mountain shots!

The mountain at Cadwell is a cracking place to watch and you don’t need a lens longer than 100mm to be honest.
I agree regarding the menu swapping causing confusion however, once I got my A7C dialled in I only use the quick menu normally.
By the way, I can’t wait to try the S&Q mode.

Welcome from another NWer.. well, NW USA for me! ☔ Learning an A7.ii myself, that will do on my retiree budget.

Enjoy your new gear, and a tour of the site here.

Hey Jim, Welcome aboard.
The A7ii is a great piece of kit.
I too am a retiree and often yearn for an A9 or A1 but have to be realistic on a pension.
We Forget….Its not the camera in the hand, but the hand holding the camera that matters…most of the time anyway
Enjoy the forum.

Back