Sony A7 III View Metadata from A7III in Photoshop

roxannebcb

Followers
Following
Name
Roxanne Basey
How do I transfer the metadata from photos from Sony A7iii to photoshop? Am I just not seeing it?
Thank you.
Roxanne

The data is embedded in your image. I'm a Lightroom user and even though I have Photoshop, I'm not qualified to answer. What are you trying to do in Photoshop if I may ask?

I upload a photo in Adobe Photoshop 2021 - not the subscription version - and I can't seem to find the metadata. I am refererring to the info on the shooting data. I want to be able to compare shots using different settings. I'll go and try what Hank suggested and get back to you.

Go to FILE>FILE Info>Camera Data

The EXIF will be in there.
AHHHH okay I found it. Now - is there a way to set preferences so that this metadata shows up on the editing screen whenever you open a photo to edit it? Or do you have to open the file info tab and manually record the data if you need it?

When I use PhotoShop, I use a program called Bridge to look at the thumbnails, then open individual images in Photoshop. Bridge shows me all of the metadata on the currently selected image without any settings.

Are you using Photoshop, or something else?

When I use PhotoShop, I use a program called Bridge to look at the thumbnails, then open individual images in Photoshop. Bridge shows me all of the metadata on the currently selected image without any settings.

Are you using Photoshop, or something else?
Hi. Well I was using Photoshop Elements 2021 - but I have downloaded a trial of PS - the subscription version. It is much much better and the classes I am taking use this version. I simply could not follow along using Photoshop Elements rather than the new subscription version. And after trying them I MUCH prefer the new subscription version. It seems way easier and all the youtube classes are based on the subscription version. I am taking Kelbyone classes - he is darn good. I am about to post my first photo. And I will try out Bridge. I have it downloaded but haven't tried it yet. My brain is smoking. I am learning my camera as well as lenses, settings and getting set up PLUS photoshop. It is sort of overwhelming but - it keeps me busy.

Hi. Well I was using Photoshop Elements 2021 - but I have downloaded a trial of PS - the subscription version. It is much much better and the classes I am taking use this version. I simply could not follow along using Photoshop Elements rather than the new subscription version. And after trying them I MUCH prefer the new subscription version. It seems way easier and all the youtube classes are based on the subscription version. I am taking Kelbyone classes - he is darn good. I am about to post my first photo. And I will try out Bridge. I have it downloaded but haven't tried it yet. My brain is smoking. I am learning my camera as well as lenses, settings and getting set up PLUS photoshop. It is sort of overwhelming but - it keeps me busy.
I hadn’t thought of Elements - sorry about that.

Bridge is like Finder on Mac or Windows Explorer, but for your photos instead of all files. I use to to go through my images and mark the ones that look like they are good to concentrate on. When I reach the end of the block of photos, I filter the list to just the ones I’d marked, so I can concentrate on them (also makes it clear when I have four images that are almost identical, and makes it easy to choose the best one).

That’s what I use Bridge for - I am sure others use other tools for this, and others use Bridge differently, too.

Back