Newbie from Essex

Tinopener

Followers
Following
Name
Gary
Hi
My name is Gary and I live in Leigh-on-sea Essex UK
I'm a semi retired Demolition worker and photography has always been a interest I have a number of Sony cameras
But like most people just put camera on auto and press the shutter button I decided to do a 10 week course at my local
College which was great and took me off of auto .. I love wildlife and insects so do a lot of Macro.. The camera I mostly
use is a Sony A77 but I've up graded to a Sony A9ii I hope I've not bitten off more then I can chew and to go with the A9ii
A Sony 200-600 tele-photo lens which when put together is a huge learning curve so fingers crossed I am hoping there's
plenty of help on here for the newbie .......
Thank you Gary

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum, Gary! Enjoy your new camera.

Welcome Gary and thank you for joining up here. The A9II + 200-600 is a great combo for wildlife. How are you finding it?

Be honest quite hard going ..Just don't know what setting to put camera on also would like to use the auto tracking for birds in flight but just cant seem to find the right settings .. Was up in Norfolk for a week and had great expectations but was disappointed .. But hey-ho theres plenty on you tube to keep me busy ...... Thank you Gary

Be honest quite hard going ..Just don't know what setting to put camera on also would like to use the auto tracking for birds in flight but just cant seem to find the right settings .. Was up in Norfolk for a week and had great expectations but was disappointed .. But hey-ho theres plenty on you tube to keep me busy ...... Thank you Gary
Top of this page, click Blogs and Resources. Then click Cameras, then find yours and click Manual, the click on-line Help Guide. It is searchable. Do a search using key word 'tracking' or Autofocus, or AF-C.

Top of this page, click Blogs and Resources. Then click Cameras, then find yours and click Manual, the click on-line Help Guide. It is searchable. Do a search using key word 'tracking' or Autofocus, or AF-C.
Thank you ......

You may have already stumbled across Mark Smith's video. It's for the A9 but the majority will still be applicable to the A9 II.

Thank you Tim or do you Prefer Timothy I will watch it this weekend and hope to learn a thing or two ..... Gary

Hi
My name is Gary and I live in Leigh-on-sea Essex UK
I'm a semi retired Demolition worker and photography has always been a interest I have a number of Sony cameras
But like most people just put camera on auto and press the shutter button I decided to do a 10 week course at my local
College which was great and took me off of auto .. I love wildlife and insects so do a lot of Macro.. The camera I mostly
use is a Sony A77 but I've up graded to a Sony A9ii I hope I've not bitten off more then I can chew and to go with the A9ii
A Sony 200-600 tele-photo lens which when put together is a huge learning curve so fingers crossed I am hoping there's
plenty of help on here for the newbie .......
Thank you Gary
Welcome Gary, looking forward to seeing your images in time and if any help needed you are in the right place 🙂

Back