Followers
Following
Name
thomas l gannon
Country
United States
City/State
Atwater,
probably a simple question. But having taken a video (SonyA7111) I can replay it, But how do I download it to my computer (Windows 11) It does not recognize nor will play in windows viewer. What do I need to do - to play back on my computer. Thanks

My advice would be to install VLC media player. Easily the best player for video.

Edit: I thought I would add, that the reason it's a great player is it supports a huge variety of video compression methods and will literally play anything you ask it to. If you install it, you can uncheck making it the default app for music and video and just have it added to the context menu so you can right click and slect Open with VLC.

Last edited:
It's just a file so, are you familiar with file management in Windows using Windows Explorer?

Windows has a built in player and will most likely play a video file shot on an A7M3. I have an A7M3 and an A7M4 and the files from my M3 played OK but the files shot on the M4 with the best quality settings would not play on My Windows Media Player. I have Windows 10. Where are you located Thomas?

Atwater, Ca. New to Sony. So many buttons, So many menus, So much to learn. :rolleyes:

Atwater, Ca. New to Sony. So many buttons, So many menus, So much to learn. :rolleyes:
Were you able to find the video files and get them to play back on your PC mate?

Have not yet tried it. But, sounds easy - Thanks all. If I do encounter a problem, "I'll be back"
Thanks

Back