Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Sony A7 III Recording to video to SD Card

tomtmc

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Tom
Hi

Can someone help is there anyway on bypass the internal memory of a a7!!! & record straight to SD card?

I have followed the manual changing settings in setup6 it does not record video to SD to seems to save to the internal camera memory

Is there something I am missing?

Best wishes

Tom

Hi

Can someone help is there anyway on bypass the internal memory of a a7!!! & record straight to SD card?

I have followed the manual changing settings in setup6 it does not record video to SD to seems to save to the internal camera memory

Is there something I am missing?

Best wishes

Tom
Actually, there may be something missing here. You may want to re-word you post. As an owner of an A7III and an A7IV, I'm having difficulty understanding the issue.

Actually, there may be something missing here. You may want to re-word you post. As an owner of an A7III and an A7IV, I'm having difficulty understanding the issue.
Hi Jeff

Apologies an A7III

Photos save to SD no issue however video only seems to save to the camera memory

Thanks

Tom

Turn on camera and make sure that the lower Shoot Mode dial on top the camera is set to movie

Go to the menu (Menu button) just to the left of the View Finder

Touch the Shooting Menu (the little camera icon, second row down)

Select Page 2 (Rec Media Settings)

Touch that line to open and tell me what the setting is for the second line “Recording Media”

What is it set to? Internal memory is NOT one of the choices

If I had to guess, I would guess it is set at “Slot 1”. If so, your movie is on the card in slot 1, but buried in the file structure.

HI Jeff

Thank you for taking the time to advise.

In the Rec Settings video was set to slot 1. I was looking for the footage in the DCIM folder which was empty.

The files were in a private folder>M4ROOT folder.

Best wishes

Tom

HI Jeff

Thank you for taking the time to advise.

In the Rec Settings video was set to slot 1. I was looking for the footage in the DCIM folder which was empty.

The files were in a private folder>M4ROOT folder.

Best wishes

Tom
Been there, done that. A Sony mystery. I forgive them. :cool:

New in Marketplace

Back