Sony A7R V Shutter Sound in Electronic Shutter Mode

allan473

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Allan Rube
Can I have a sound for shutter in electronic mode?
I tried turning silent off and having volume at 7. Also, sound for shutter

But I don’t hear anything

I texted Sony support but tech said his database says the A7r5 cannot shoot in electronic mode on this camera

Can they be correct?

Solution
There’s no electronic shutter sound option with the A7RV unfortunately. As far as I’m aware this is only an option on the A9 Series and A1. You can definitely shoot with the electronic shutter on the A7RV but you need to watch out for distortion from the rolling shutter when shooting fast subjects or panning. The frame rate also drops when using the electronic shutter.
There’s no electronic shutter sound option with the A7RV unfortunately. As far as I’m aware this is only an option on the A9 Series and A1. You can definitely shoot with the electronic shutter on the A7RV but you need to watch out for distortion from the rolling shutter when shooting fast subjects or panning. The frame rate also drops when using the electronic shutter.

Solution
Hi, Allan! Sorry I don't have an answer for your question even though I do have and use the A7R V..... Welcome to this forum! It is a place where we Sony users can really feel at home.

Only on the A1. I don't know why Sony haven't put it on the RV. I would much prefer that, but I don't use E Shutter for other reasons too.

I had to turn on the noise on the A1 once - for the benefit of someone I was photographing. Wasn't about to switch to mechanical shutter :)

I use mechanical shutter on the A7RV, so I've never looked for a noise - didn't know that it wasn't there.

Maybe the focus group who told Sony that they could leave out the fake shutter sound on the A7RV consisted of people like me? (No, I have not been part of a Sony focus group, so you can't blame me for this one!)

Back