Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Sony FE 135mm f/1.8 GM Lens (SEL135F18GM)

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

mark.s

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Mark Sturman
Is anyone currently using this lens?
I'm looking at getting one for insect photography and butterflies, etc.
I'm not after macro, just to clarify that, in case someone tries to help with that as a suggestion.
Thanks.

I have owned one since 2019. It is an extremely sharp lens, and exceptionally fast to focus. One caveat - it is not light! 950g, from memory.

I have used it photographing rose, and surprised myself by getting a variety of bugs in the images - not just bees, but smaller insects, too. I was using it on an A7RIV first - it easily handles 60Mp.

You might enjoy reading Roger’s opinions:

I have owned one since 2019. It is an extremely sharp lens, and exceptionally fast to focus. One caveat - it is not light! 950g, from memory.

I have used it photographing rose, and surprised myself by getting a variety of bugs in the images - not just bees, but smaller insects, too. I was using it on an A7RIV first - it easily handles 60Mp.

You might enjoy reading Roger’s opinions:
Thank you for replying. I'm not worried about weight, I usually roam around with the 600f4 attached, so it's a small option to carry for when needed and have bit the bullet and bought one this morning.

It’s definitely a favorite of mine. You won’t regret the purchase. I’ve used it for “macro style” shots though I do enjoy the Sony 90 macro lens for all kinds of shots. They’re nearly interchangeable… but not quite. The 135 is amazingly versatile.

GJF04644.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 90.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 125

3043D390-B7FA-46FF-8C82-985B58F351EB.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • Sony FE 135mm F1.8
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 125

IMG_6054.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 800

The 135 mm f1.8 GM lens is extremely sharp and very useful at middle range focal lengths.

It does have a long minimum focus distance at 70cm and 0.25 maximum magnification so to get
Detailed bug shots you will ideally need a high resolution camera and crop in as necessary.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

New in Marketplace

Back