Deals strange prices 70-200 oss II

Wannes

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Wannes de Velde
Is there a bad batch of the 70-200 oss II, which goes from € 1,999 to € 1,599. and when the stock runs out in the store, it costs € 1,999 again. very strange. Not one shop, at least seen in 2 stores.

I seriously doubt Sony would risk their reputation just to get rid of a 'bad batch' of lenses. Makes no sense.

Could be a spontaneous sale.

Could be someone ordered a few too many and Sony wanted to reduce stock.

Could be that Sony wanted to reduce stock for a slew of awesome new lenses about to be announced, so they discounted a lens they had a few too many of...

I doubt Sony QC would have let a batch of bad lenses out of the factory. Far more likely that they would go back to be re-worked so they met QC standards.

If you want this lens, and you can afford it, this might be a good time to get it.

I have the lens in my possession. First impression, very sharp, focus fast, nice weight. However, I have the impression that the lens has less depth, perhaps because macro. With teleconverter 1.4 good sharpness. Focus very good too. Apparently also taken into account. for a reduction of €100 from Sony. Yes, so €1,499 in total. So a good deal, although I still find it strange.

Back