Followers
Following
Name
Tracy
Country
Canada
City/State
Calgary
So far, having fun playing with settings, finding what is different/the same as the a6400. Shot in low light at dusk, with different lenses and also the crop sensor........ looking at the results in light room confirms what I thought. The low light performance is a smidge better. (well.....alot better). I will have to really review the autofocus settings though.....as I am having trouble nailing it. I'm looking forward to better daylight tomorrow to see if autofocus is better with some sunlight. Any suggestions are welcome. Not using the joystick yet, but I am confident that will be a game changer for me.

So far, having fun playing with settings, finding what is different/the same as the a6400. Shot in low light at dusk, with different lenses and also the crop sensor........ looking at the results in light room confirms what I thought. The low light performance is a smidge better. (well.....alot better). I will have to really review the autofocus settings though.....as I am having trouble nailing it. I'm looking forward to better daylight tomorrow to see if autofocus is better with some sunlight. Any suggestions are welcome. Not using the joystick yet, but I am confident that will be a game changer for me.
Suggestions?

Have fun!

Seriously, you are going to love the sensor, it'll give you beautiful results.

Mad! That's awesome! Happy days! 🌞

P.s. I've never once used that joystick thing...

I did this exact upgrade from A6400 to A7R III last year just a few weeks before you in Nov. The only thing i miss from the A6400 was the tracking AF, it was better. Though i hardly use it anyway

Back