Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I will say this really has as I can see come more about when I put on the big 600mm lens.
What is happening is it just will not take focus one anything and then the manual mode focus will come on and I have not touched a thing.
My think has come down to this. I use a camera grip and I am thinking that when the camera is getting close to the end of the life of
one battery it seems to me as it think it hasn't got enough power in it to keep the focus going.

I could be very well miles away from this but only the other day I was out and the focus was so hard to get and then nothing.
My friend with me said take out your battery and then try it again but I replaced both batteries and put in 2 charged batteries and it
then came back to life.

So times if I turn it off then on this fixed the thing but it will happen again. I did swap from Clear Image Zoom to Digital Zoom only
since this has happened.

So I get a chance to look at what is going to be say to try as I am moving and will be busy for a few weeks. One for totally sure.
But if you have got any idea on what I need to do or try please let me know. I will try and put my camera back to Clear Image Zoom
as this is what I have had on this since owning it and Then see if this in the time I get the chance to see if this is the problem.

Have you done a system reset Ralph?
What I am doing is writing down all and everyone of my setting's and once I have them done.
This is the exact thing I was gunna do. As I will not remember what my setting's are as it sit there right now.
So yes this is what is going to happen. Thanks also.

Do you clean the communication terminals at the lens mount on the camera and lens mate?
No I have not as I have done them before with another camera but not this one and it is only 5 moths old the lens at the minute which would make me think it shouldn't need doing. Well this is what I would of thought. But when I get a couple of minutes today I will do that one.

I clean the rear lens elements whenever I do my sensor, which averages every six weeks or so. The actual lens mount on both my camera and lenses I'll clean every second week or so with the communication terminals. Even after two weeks there will be a little bit of greasy residue on the cloth after cleaning each mount. It's worth the couple of minutes I think. 🙂

I clean the rear lens elements whenever I do my sensor, which averages every six weeks or so. The actual lens mount on both my camera and lenses I'll clean every second week or so with the communication terminals. Even after two weeks there will be a little bit of greasy residue on the cloth after cleaning each mount. It's worth the couple of minutes I think. 🙂
Do you use metho to clean them?

For the communication terminals and mount rings, just a single mist spray of 70% Isopropyol alcohol on the cloth. Metho over the long term wouldn't be real good for the O Rings. I'd even use Windex for those parts if need be.

Just light air blow afterwards to evaporate everything before assembly.

Thanks for that as I said when I get a few free moments I will get that a good.
As we were away yesterday and I missed the Bathurst. And I have watched it from a kid so I just have to watch the replay this morning.

Another thing to try is a full reset, that often solves a lot of issues

Another thing to try is a full reset, that often solves a lot of issues
Some where in this I did say that this is what I was going to do. But I have been writing down each and every setting I have got on the camera and once I have got them done I will reset the camera and know just what settings I want back on my camera as I would forget just where I had each setting if I just went off from here now. We have got to move house and in the quite times I will write more down and then it will happen.

Some where in this I did say that this is what I was going to do. But I have been writing down each and every setting I have got on the camera and once I have got them done I will reset the camera and know just what settings I want back on my camera as I would forget just where I had each setting if I just went off from here now. We have got to move house and in the quite times I will write more down and then it will happen.
Hi, Ralph,
You don't have to write down all your settings. You can save and restore them to/from the memory card.

I was reading reviews of a third party grip (Neewer brand) on amazon and people were complaining how it was affecting their cameras. The custom buttons would get activated randomly. Try finding your grip on amazon and reading the poor reviews and see if that might be the problem.

I was reading reviews of a third party grip (Neewer brand) on amazon and people were complaining how it was affecting their cameras. The custom buttons would get activated randomly. Try finding your grip on amazon and reading the poor reviews and see if that might be the problem.
I have taken my as you called it the 3rd party Battery Grip off now for a while and thing have got better.
I still would like to get a Battery Grip but the Sony one and just put a hammer through the other one.
Thank you so much for your research as it is totally right, well with my one it has proven right.

I have taken my as you called it the 3rd party Battery Grip off now for a while and thing have got better.
I still would like to get a Battery Grip but the Sony one and just put a hammer through the other one.
Thank you so much for your research as it is totally right, well with my one it has proven right.
I'm sorry to hear that it is indeed the grip. If it happens to be the Neewer Brand, I would contact them and let them know. There were many more that were happy with its performance. Maybe they will replace it for you with a fully working one? I know they are a pretty decent company to buy from and tend to back their products. I had an issue once on a part and they sent me a replacement right away.

I'm sorry to hear that it is indeed the grip. If it happens to be the Neewer Brand, I would contact them and let them know. There were many more that were happy with its performance. Maybe they will replace it for you with a fully working one? I know they are a pretty decent company to buy from and tend to back their products. I had an issue once on a part and they sent me a replacement right away.
I will do as you have instructed as it is a Neewer one which is the 1st time I have ever looked at that part of it.
I will keep you all updated.

Back