What do YOU want for Photography gear this year?

Brownie

Legendary Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
What has your attention? What puts a gleam in your eye? What has been rumored gear you'd jump to get?

I'm good on cameras now having swapped out the A7R III, but some of the rumored lenses could make me return to the store.

Sigma 18-30/1.8
Tamron 25-50/2
Sony 24-200/2.8-4.5

The wide/fast zooms would be spectacular, either one would result in selling my 24 and 35 primes. They'll probably be a little on the large side, but that doesn't bug me near as much as constantly changing lenses. The 24-200 is a no-brainer AFAIC.

What about you?

I think I've made my mind up. I'll be ordering a A7CR in a week or two. Since buying the A1, I haven't used my 6600 and I want a second FF body which is low weight and compact.

I'm also getting the 600 f4 at some point in 24. It's just a case of the finances lining up.

It's not even rumoured, but I'd like for Sony to release another set of compact lenses in the vein of the 24 f2.8 and 40/50 f2.5. Maybe a compact 65 or even 90mm like the one that Sigma has in their iSeries lineup.

The 24/40/50 have great build quality and light enough to carry around every day so a new lens would be very welcome for my interests.

It's not even rumoured, but I'd like for Sony to release another set of compact lenses in the vein of the 24 f2.8 and 40/50 f2.5. Maybe a compact 65 or even 90mm like the one that Sigma has in their iSeries lineup.

The 24/40/50 have great build quality and light enough to carry around every day so a new lens would be very welcome for my interests.
It's funny you mention those, because I almost bought the 24mm in the series when it was $50 discounted over Christmas. It is probably the one I have my eye set on this year. The 24mm would be close to a 35mm (36mm actually) in full-frame equivalent when used on an APSC camera body.

I always have my eye on the Sony 70-350mm as well, but I have to remember I'm not usually a bird photographer and I would only use it a handful of times.

What has your attention? What puts a gleam in your eye? What has been rumored gear you'd jump to get?

I'm good on cameras now having swapped out the A7R III, but some of the rumored lenses could make me return to the store.

Sigma 18-30/1.8
Tamron 25-50/2
Sony 24-200/2.8-4.5

The wide/fast zooms would be spectacular, either one would result in selling my 24 and 35 primes. They'll probably be a little on the large side, but that doesn't bug me near as much as constantly changing lenses. The 24-200 is a no-brainer AFAIC.

What about you?
Looking at the Sony 20mm f1.8

Apple Vision Pro. Cannot wait to see how things look on it and to try editing with it.

Should be excellent on long airplane flights and zoom calls too.

It's funny you mention those, because I almost bought the 24mm in the series when it was $50 discounted over Christmas. It is probably the one I have my eye set on this year. The 24mm would be close to a 35mm (36mm actually) in full-frame equivalent when used on an APSC camera body.

I always have my eye on the Sony 70-350mm as well, but I have to remember I'm not usually a bird photographer and I would only use it a handful of times.

I can't tell about the 24mm performance but the build is virtually the same in these three lenses and you know how I love my 40. It feels great to the touch and it looks like it belongs to the body of the camera (unlike the 20-70 that for great that it is, it's a bit unbalanced for my little a7c).

I think you won't regret it if you finally buy the 24. For everyday street, travel and family portraits they're about perfect.

I would like a nice fast focusing replacement for the 90mm G macro lens. Maybe a new bag if I can find something I like.

I have pre-ordered the 300 GM. I’m hoping that Sony doesn’t announce a bunch of lenses I want in the next several months, ‘cause the 300 blew my lens budget! (Little tiny pieces!)

So I am hoping NOT to be tempted by the next 85 GM or 200 GM, please! Well not before August, at least…

I would like to get the Sony A7riv And put my large lens to it.
Then I would like to give the wife the Sony A7iii and get her a small lens like a 250mm and they she can do the tourist shots.
So a win win as I see it and I only came up with this idea today.

Quite literally nothing at the moment, and certainly not in the Sony camp anyway. I might change my mind if the A1 software update has some interesting additions, but at the moment I can't even be bothered to go out...

Also really need a nice short zoom for street and travel shots this year the old Zeiss 24-70 I have now is not the best tool for the job

Don't you like the 20-70? I think it's just perfect for street and travel as it covers most of what you should need in those situations.

Quite literally nothing at the moment, and certainly not in the Sony camp anyway. I might change my mind if the A1 software update has some interesting additions, but at the moment I can't even be bothered to go out...
Same for me. :(

Back