What Photography related item have you bought or sold this week?

Ordered the 70-200 f4 macro–G oss II today. Picking up the 20-70 f4 this weekend. Going on several trips and I want to take just two lenses. I found toting a backpack to distracting to the overall experience of the sites we were visiting.

Ordered the 70-200 f4 macro–G oss II today. Picking up the 20-70 f4 this weekend. Going on several trips and I want to take just two lenses. I found toting a backpack to distracting to the overall experience of the sites we were visiting.

Do you have a teleconverter mate?

I have both of these, and carry them + one body, spare battery, and cards in a fairly small shoulder bag - they make an excellent combination.

I ordered the new 16-35 today and the A7Cr, I am not sure about the a7cr and may cancel it before they ship. Also thinking of maybe selling the 100-400 and try to use the 200-600 more. Will see how much I like the new zoom and if is something I really like, I might unload some of my wide angle primes

Trying to find even a decent reason to replace my 16-35mm PZ with the new GMII. Even as compact as it is, it still isn't as compact as my PZ. And being the only lens of mine that gets any water spray from waterfalls on it, the internal zoom is also better in that regard. Nor could it be sharper, my PZ is the sharpest lens I have, it's corner to corner faultless at f4 right through the range.

Nice one Bob! That thing would be bloody amazing! 💥

Do you have a teleconverter mate?
Hi Clint, yes, I have a 1.4 teleconverter. Studying the alpha 6700 as a second camera to go with the 70-200 mm f4 macro. Your weather should be changing down there, our leaves are in the early phase of changing. Best, Clide

I have both of these, and carry them + one body, spare battery, and cards in a fairly small shoulder bag - they make an excellent combination.
Tony, your set up is exactly what I want to use for travel. Thanks for your thoughts. Clide

Hi Clint, yes, I have a 1.4 teleconverter. Studying the alpha 6700 as a second camera to go with the 70-200 mm f4 macro. Your weather should be changing down there, our leaves are in the early phase of changing. Best, Clide

Ah beauty! That will get your macro shots a bit closer. You on a spending spree on the moment mate? 🚀

Trying to find even a decent reason to replace my 16-35mm PZ with the new GMII. Even as compact as it is, it still isn't as compact as my PZ. And being the only lens of mine that gets any water spray from waterfalls on it, the internal zoom is also better in that regard. Nor could it be sharper, my PZ is the sharpest lens I have, it's corner to corner faultless at f4 right through the range.

Nice one Bob! That thing would be bloody amazing! 💥
for me I have some primes 24, 20 and 14 and no zoom, so I thought I would give it a try and see if it works out better than carriyng three lenses. If I had your lens or the older Sony 2.8 I am not sure I would upgade. The only thing is though I am not sure I need three 24mm lenses even if one of them will be 2 stops faster, then again the 24 F1.4 on the A7RC might be the perfect street camera. It is balancing act for my heart looks at photo gear like I am still in the thick of working but my mind keeps saying do you really need that.

Hi all
I have just purchased a Neewar battery grip for A9ii with a wireless remote control makes the camera more balanced
with the 200-600mm lens .......

Tired of fighting glare from direct sun at the track so I ordered a couple of circular polarizers for my most used daylight lenses. I bought low filter factors so as not to need much aperture adjustment. Hoya for the 67mm, and an Aurora Aperture for the 77mm. I've not heard of this brand before, reviews are positive. Hopefully didn't make a mistake.

It's a cracking lens, I don't think you'll regret the choice. I'll be going away soon and will definitely be taking it with me.

Finally decided to replace my a6400 with the a6700. I've only taken a handful of shots with it so far but the bug tracking appears to work just as well as my a7R V 🐛🐞 .. It's nice to finally ditch the smaller NP-FW50 battery as well. Will be off on holiday soon so it will get a good workout then.

DSC00009-2048.jpg
  • ILCE-6700
  • FE 70-200mm F4 Macro G OSS II
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 1600

It's a cracking lens, I don't think you'll regret the choice. I'll be going away soon and will definitely be taking it with me.
Thanks Tim! Picked up the 20-70 last week and picked up the 70-200 today. Gives me time to break them in before visiting Portugal and Spain.

Hi have just bought the Rogeti RG-1 gear head today 😊

Did not buy or sell anything today, dropped off the A1, A7RV and RX1RII at Sony Pro services to have the sensors cleaned. The A1 and A7Rv will be cleaned for free as one of their services but the RX1RII needs to be taken apart in order to clean it. That will cost but I am happy they will still do that for me. I am thinking if I can keep it away from dusty deserts than I might wait on the A7CR and just buy the 16-35 GMII I have on order

Finally bought another storage drive. My computer has gotten slower, it needs to be cleared out some. I have a 1T and 2T external drive, wanted a 2T SSD to back up the existing 2T. The hard drive will go in the safe where it won't get knocked around, and the SSD will stay on the computer desk for quick access.

Bought the following items.

1. Tamron 50-400 mm f4.5 : f6.3 DI iii VC VXD .

2.Rogeli RG-1 geared head.

i just ordered a 16tb drive for storage, the 12tbs are getting full and older, i plan on using one of the 12s with this new 16 at first, then eventually getting another 16 to replace the remaining 12 along with replacing the 4tbssd working drive

I bought a Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG DN lens in Like New condition from MPB. I've seen some volleyball shots taken with an 85mm 1.4 so I'm looking forward to trying that out later this month. I only took a few test shots this afternoon.

JRV08061-Edit.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • 85mm F1.4 DG DN | Art 020
  • 85.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 800
JRV08062.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • 85.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.4
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 100
JRV08072-Edit.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • 85.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.4
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 800

I'm finally biting the bullet and decided to purchase the Sony 2.0X TC. I tried to purchase it in shop yesterday at WEX in London, but they were out of stock and couldn't tell me when they would get it in. Today I ordered it from Clifton Cameras online - they are also out of stock, but claim they will have it on Friday this week. They were also £31 ($US40) cheaper than WEX. It's my first purchase from Clifton Cameras as I usually use WEX. Can't wait to try it out.

I've cut back here as I'm now shooting with an Oly eM5³ in lieu of Alphα. My brain is apparently too old to be fluent in both Sony and Olympus menu systems :geek: so I'm going with the one I know best.

My budget can only afford one full system right now, and even then only bodies that are .. gracefully aged. Since the Sony APSc, Pentax k-S2 and Oly 20Mpx are within a half-point on the Dxo meter, any will serve me well. And though the Minolta lenses are the heavier set, I can still use them if I wish!

em5-23.jpg
So I'll revert from 'Massive Contributor' to 'just passing through' - but still listening! (y)

Wow, Clifton Cameras are pretty impressive, ordered my 2.0x TC on Wednesday, stock arrived on Friday, they dispatched on Friday, I was told it would arrive on Monday morning by DPD courier, and it arrived today, Saturday at 12:32! Good job CC, I'm impressed with my first purchase from CC, I usually buy all my kit through WEX. Only slight problem now is that my kit no longer fits in my ThinkTank Sling bag, but only just. I have to remove the lens hood and invert it on the lens for the kit to fit, a small inconvenience.
TC_front.jpg
  • iPhone 14 Pro
  • iPhone 14 Pro back triple camera 6.86mm f/1.78
  • 6.9 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 200
TC_top.jpg
  • iPhone 14 Pro
  • iPhone 14 Pro back triple camera 2.22mm f/2.2
  • 2.2 mm
  • ƒ/2.2
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 160
TC_back.jpg
  • iPhone 14 Pro
  • 2.2 mm
  • ƒ/2.2
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 400
TC_back_lens.jpg
  • iPhone 14 Pro
  • 2.2 mm
  • ƒ/2.2
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 640
TC_front_lens.jpg
  • iPhone 14 Pro
  • 2.2 mm
  • ƒ/2.2
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 500
camera_lens.jpg
  • iPhone 14 Pro
  • iPhone 14 Pro back triple camera 6.86mm f/1.78
  • 6.9 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/120 sec
  • ISO 100

Not technically a photography only device but I am mightily impressed with the iPhone 15 Pro camera. New titanium bezel and curved shape feel good in hand as well. Computational photography is no joke, people.

The low light capability and the Portrait mode/variable DOF are really impressive. If the final product is purely a smallish screen / social media other than tele and action it is more than good enough.

Still ergonomically horrible for photography though. :D

Not technically a photography only device but I am mightily impressed with the iPhone 15 Pro camera. New titanium bezel and curved shape feel good in hand as well. Computational photography is no joke, people.

The low light capability and the Portrait mode/variable DOF are really impressive. If the final product is purely a smallish screen / social media other than tele and action it is more than good enough.

Still ergonomically horrible for photography though. :D
I thought that the Iphone 15 pro camera/lenses were pretty much the same as the Iphone 14 pro. It's only the Iphone 15 pro max that gets a new lens? The CPU is upgraded and they have some new software capabilities, but otherwise I thought photographically the 15 pro is pretty much the same as the 14 pro? And I love the camera/lens on the 14 pro.

I thought that the Iphone 15 pro camera/lenses were pretty much the same as the Iphone 14 pro. It's only the Iphone 15 pro max that gets a new lens? The CPU is upgraded and they have some new software capabilities, but otherwise I thought photographically the 15 pro is pretty much the same as the 14 pro? And I love the camera/lens on the 14 pro.
I think you're right. I upgraded from a 12 Pro. Clearly better overall. The 15 Pro defaults to Portrait mode with variable DOF - I don't think the 14 Pro does that but I could be wrong. The 12 Pro definitely does not. No variable DOF and to go into Portrait mode I have to select it manually every time.

Love the choices of being able to have essentially full res at 24/28/35. Just set to 28 and will see how that goes.

Silly but useful is the ability to set the "Action" button to activate the camera with one touch. Like that a lot for quickly grabbing a shot.

Struggled with the Max / no Max issue. Wanted the bigger sensor but didn't want the bigger form factor. My phone is still a phone first and foremost so it has to be easily pocketable.

Kind of like the idea of the 120mm tele lens but at the same time find 77 more useful and if I *really* need tele - one of the reasons I came to Sony was the 200-600. :)

I am upgrading from a 12 Pro to 15 Pro as well and should get mine in a week or so. I am glad to read all the positives about it.
Not gonna lie - absolutely loving it so far. It's only been about 15 hours :D but I'm thinking it is money very well spent. And my carrier offered a $1,000 trade in so it was a no-brainer.

Back