What Photography related item have you bought or sold this week?

I bought a new bag yesterday. This one is to haul my light stands and other lighting gear. I've been carrying a set of Manfrotto 1005 stands in an unpadded bag for a while, and they have survived just fine, but every so often I've banged them into my shins, and that's not fun. Got a Godox roller bag (I think it's the largest size - it's the one that's 114cm long) that is long enough to take them (they are a bit over a metre long when folded up), and it's about twice as wide as the stands, so I will be working out what else can be packed into there as well - probably a couple of mono blocs and cables, at least. It's going to be easier using the roller. And the bag was cheap, too. Looks to be strong enough, but a bit heavy.

View attachment 49083I have not bought anything new but have temporarily fallen out of love with my 1.4 TC, which I have had on my 100-400 since the day i got it 5 + months back. The days are more cloudy now and thus low light and high ISO.

Here is my first photo without the TC. This is a dark-eyed Junco, they spend their winters here and give us company.
Pretty bird!

Yeah, I have said elsewhere that the TCs work best with lots of light - I think you are smart to take it off in the cooler, darker months.

Just sold my Sony A7R IV and ordered a A7R V.
Used Canon for 15 plus years up until I tried a Sony camera, never looked back. I absolutely love Sony gear

Saying never just isn't worth the breath.. my offer on an α7R was accepted. It even came with a 128G sandisk chip! Heck of a deal.
The A-mount lenses are still here (20-35, 24-105D, 100-300D apo). (y) Pentax too (50, 70, 85, 135, 70-150, 80-200). ✌️

Now to re-learn how to live without IS within.
czJim.jpg

Have been thinking for a while now about replacing my A9ii, waiting for the A9iii announcement, but then saw an early Black Friday special on the A1 last week, at 35% discount and decided to go for that. Very happy that I did, now that the A9iii specifications and price have finally been announced, since the A1 is clearly still the better camera for my needs.

And then, today also got news that the 600mm f4 lens, which I ordered a few months ago, has shipped, should be receiving that in a couple of days.

Budget blown for several years, but smiling all the way and can't wait to get out there and take more photos.

Have been thinking for a while now about replacing my A9ii, waiting for the A9iii announcement, but then saw an early Black Friday special on the A1 last week, at 35% discount and decided to go for that. Very happy that I did, now that the A9iii specifications and price have finally been announced, since the A1 is clearly still the better camera for my needs.

And then, today also got news that the 600mm f4 lens, which I ordered a few months ago, has shipped, should be receiving that in a couple of days.

Budget blown for several years, but smiling all the way and can't wait to get out there and take more photos.
Enjoy, I've no doubt that's a fantastic combination.

GAS strikes again. :D

I'm selling my A9II and just ordered an A7RV to pair with the A1. Thinking that it'll be a perfect travel companion and complements the A1 really well.

I shoot with a buddy that has one. I liked many things about it but it definitely lags behind the A1 for BIF and really fast subjects. Fine for air shows but for max tracking and frame rate the A1 still rules.

A bit more cropping capability, the new AI trained subject recognition, slightly better skin colors - I think it'll be a nice upgrade from the A9II. Picked up a smoking deal via Greentoe.

I'll miss being e-shutter all the time but who knows when the A1 II will be out and if it incorporates the global shutter it'll probably be $8K+ and I don't know if I really want to go that far.

Briefly considered the A7CR but not really loving the EVF and lack of joystick.

GAS strikes again. :D

I'm selling my A9II and just ordered an A7RV to pair with the A1. Thinking that it'll be a perfect travel companion and complements the A1 really well.

I shoot with a buddy that has one. I liked many things about it but it definitely lags behind the A1 for BIF and really fast subjects. Fine for air shows but for max tracking and frame rate the A1 still rules.

A bit more cropping capability, the new AI trained subject recognition, slightly better skin colors - I think it'll be a nice upgrade from the A9II. Picked up a smoking deal via Greentoe.

I'll miss being e-shutter all the time but who knows when the A1 II will be out and if it incorporates the global shutter it'll probably be $8K+ and I don't know if I really want to go that far.

Briefly considered the A7CR but not really loving the EVF and lack of joystick.

That's the combination I have now. They are indeed complementary. I imagine you haven't used the A9 II much since getting the A1?

That's the combination I have now. They are indeed complementary. I imagine you haven't used the A9 II much since getting the A1?
Exactly. Pretty much limited to events where I need two bodies which isn't that often. Otherwise - the A1 rules.

A9II is still a great camera and I'm guessing values are going to remain level for a while now since Sony is good at keeping old models available and the $6K price tag of the A9III is going to be a dealbreaker to many.

For what these go for used - imo the best value in a sports/BIF shooter bar none. With the A1 - that capability is secondary and I think like you do - the RV will be a better complement as it can do things differently/better than the A1.

I've been enjoying time with the pentax-m 85+135mm primes, but a 28-70 Sony just arrived. KEH Ugly rated; it looks like new but for lack of caps, of which I have a few spares (y) You'd think it should have a mark or two somewhere, just to keep the universe in proper alignment .. but I'll manage.

Hope it's up to the detail level of the a⁷r 36Mpx sensor! First shots are promising.

Last edited:
A1 arrived yesterday, used but less than 1k clicks.
A7IV is leaving on Monday.
Probably my last purchase for awhile……..if I want to stay married 😂.

Wow - someone wasted a brilliant camera!

How could anyone be selling an A1 with less than 1k clicks on it?

The one thing I'd be scared about is whether it was stolen. (sorry!)

Clicks are the mechanical shutter not the total images taken.

1. Cool
2. Why?
3. Yeah, sure...

Clicks are the mechanical shutter not the total images taken.
Very good point.

I have never checked, but I've never turned on mechanical shutter on mine, so should be approximately, to a rough estimate, zero. I think I've shot at least a quarter million shots on e-shutter, but it could easily be more.

Not stolen hopefully
Brought from LCE, apparently they have a regular that cannot make his mind up, this is the second A1 he has bought, last time he dropped 15k…😂😂

1. Cool
2. Why?
3. Yeah, sure...
1 Agreed, I tried it out today
2. Cause I have 3 kids a mortgage, and I clean toilets (the last one is a lie) budget will not allow though, I hate baked beans.
3. Defo…. I have bad GAS and the Missus puts up with the smell

1 Agreed, I tried it out today
2. Cause I have 3 kids a mortgage, and I clean toilets (the last one is a lie) budget will not allow though, I hate baked beans.
3. Defo…. I have bad GAS and the Missus puts up with the smell
Yer gonna' fit here pretty well!

Not really sure why you'd keep an inferior camera that you will never use. Might as well put it in the hands of someone who will give it the love that it deserves.

Not stolen hopefully
Brought from LCE, apparently they have a regular that cannot make his mind up, this is the second A1 he has bought, last time he dropped 15k…😂😂
Sounds like the kind of customer that other customers like! (Before anyone says it, no, I am not like that! I have never bought any camera body twice)

Very good point.

I have never checked, but I've never turned on mechanical shutter on mine, so should be approximately, to a rough estimate, zero. I think I've shot at least a quarter million shots on e-shutter, but it could easily be more.
Dont think it works like that, the curtain drops on the camera when powered down even if in silent mode and adds a click, you must have heard it

Sounds like the kind of customer that other customers like! (Before anyone says it, no, I am not like that! I have never bought any camera body twice)

No you aren't like him Tony, you're a hoarder, they're not the same..!

Dont think it works like that, the curtain drops on the camera when powered down even if in silent mode and adds a click, you must have heard it

Only if you turn on the “protect tough cover glass on sensor with fragile shutter” setting, and I have not.

No click on power off.

Not really sure why you'd keep an inferior camera that you will never use. Might as well put it in the hands of someone who will give it the love that it deserves.
I agree, I have done this in the past and always left the lesser one behind.
However some shooters tend like to switch between models or varying capability 🤷‍♂️.
Hopefully tomorrow the lesser one finds a good home….

I agree, I have done this in the past and always left the lesser one behind.
However some shooters tend like to switch between models or varying capability 🤷‍♂️.
Hopefully tomorrow the lesser one finds a good home….
And some need two cameras.

New in Marketplace

Back