Welcome to my Sony FX30 (ILME-FX30) guides & resources page.
Here you will find the latest firmware version for the Sony FX30, user guides, FAQs, product images, my accessories guide, lenses guide and memory card guide.
Sony FX30 Guides
Sony FX30 Overview
The FX30 is a 4K Super 35 compact cinema camera that offers many professional features of the Cinema Line, such as Dual Base ISO, Log shooting modes, and user-imported LUTs (Look Up Tables) at a price point that is a little more affordable for aspiring filmmakers.
The FX30 features a 26MP APS-C backside-illuminated CMOS sensor that is capable of capturing oversampled 4K (from 6K) at up to 60p and 4K/120p video with a 1.62x crop.
Video can be captured in 10-bit 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 in either H.265 or H.264 AVC files or output as ’16-bit’ Raw video to an Atomos Ninja V+ external recorder.
Sony FX30 Key Specs
- Oversampled UHD 4K (6K capture) up to 60p
- UHD 4K/120p capture with additional 1.62x crop
- In-body image stabilization
- 10-bit 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 capture in a choice H.265 or H.264-based AVC formats
- S-Cinetone color profile
- S-Log2 / S-Log3 with uploadable LUTs for previewing or applying to footage
- ’16-bit’ Raw video output
- No mechanical shutter mechanism
- Front and rear tally lamps
- Dual memory card slots supporting CFexpress Type A and SDXC/SDHC cards
Full specifications can be found on Sony’s website.
Sony FX30 Reviews
Here are a couple of early FX30 reviews worth watching. DPReview also have an early initial review up online.
Sony FX30 FAQ’s
The Sony FX30 was announced on September 28th, 2022.
The Sony FX30 supports Sony E-mount lenses.
The FX30 has two memory card slots. Both slot support CFexpress Type-A and also SDHC/SDXC UHS-II/I memory cards.
The Sony NP-FZ100 battery.
No. The Sony FX30 has a 26MP APS-C sensor.
It is dust and moisture resistant, Sony does not claim that it is waterproof.
646 g (1 lb 6.8 oz) (with battery and memory card included), 562 g (1 lb 3.8 oz) (body only).