Confirmed: Sony will announce a new camera in March! And it’s not going to be the A9III or A7cII…

Yeah, Sony is all-in on this "Vlog camera" thing, just look at the deadcat on top of the camera, same approach they used for the ZV1, ZVE10, ZVF...
Screenshot 2023-03-24 091104.jpg

Regardless, any content maker with a little self respect will opt for an external mic 🤣

While I WANT it to be the a7000, I am also not getting my hopes up.
That said... the FX-30 gave us APSC-lovers the new sensor we've been waiting on, so we only need Sony to put it in a still-photography (or hybrid) focused camera body and there you go: a6700 (or a7000 since new sensor?). I'm going to be really disappointed if they don't give it good IBIS and try to "make do" with electronic stabilization only. I am saving for a new flagship APSC camera, like the a6600 was to the previous series, if its half-baked, I'll hold on to my a6400.
A question without the background perhaps. Why have Sony hamstrung the FX30 when it comes to stills shooting (I think it can only do single frame shooting)? Even a 5 or 6fps burst mode would have helped it be more of a hybrid shooter...
I am also waiting on the next crop sensor flagship but from the video and images released I think it's the next ZV series being announced - same fluffy mic cover...

Something cheap, light, robust and waterproof, with eye AF for 🦅 🐈 🛹 4k 60p, slomo, remote mike, interchangeable lenses, gimbal included, wifi to cloud, phone and TikTok.

No need for stills. I have a phone for that.

Back