Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Gary
Country
United Kingdom
As title what is your next purchase or purchases likely to be and why?
Mine hopefully will be the a9iii if it ever arrives

Both vaporware at the moment. :)

A1 II or potentially a compact high res A7CR provided that upgrade the controls and EVF.

A9III maybe, depending on what it ends up being. Getting tired of waiting for it though. Looking at the Tamron 50-400 to replace the Sigma 100-400. The 50-100 range would be very useful. Still wishing for a wide superzoom, I wish Sony would do something with the 24-240.

A7C-II if I like the specs and price, otherwise the A7IV. Most of my lenses are FE and looking for better low light performance compared to my current a6300, so switching to FF is a logical next step for me.

Nothing! I'm happy happy happy with all my gear! 🤠

When are they announcing an A7RVI..?

A1 or A7RV in the next 3 months, because I want something faster for BIF etc. I'm leaning toward the RV, but I will see if Sony ever release the A9 III in the meantime. I might also defect to Canon yet.

I am a bit suprised by the interest in the Sony A7Cr, I keep hearing people say they would like one
if it is actually coming out it looks like the perfect street camera and with one of the compact lenses a good more up to date replacement for RX1RII

A1 or A7RV in the next 3 months, because I want something faster for BIF etc. I'm leaning toward the RV, but I will see if Sony ever release the A9 III in the meantime. I might also defect to Canon yet.
Yep I have thought about going to the dark side Kev, it is hard to stay with Sony at the moment :confused:

I am a bit suprised by the interest in the Sony A7Cr, I keep hearing people say they would like one
Me too. I can't image shooting large lenses on that body, and surely not for hours at a time. And it seems way overpowered for street, 26MP should be plenty. To me, it leaves it hanging in a single niche market, someone who wants to shoot handheld landscapes using small primes.

As title what is your next purchase or purchases likely to be and why?
Mine hopefully will be the a9iii if it ever arrives
If you've seen my other thread then my next purchase has already happened. The new 70-200 F4 G II. Although my main reason for purchasing it is to do a few comparison articles for the blog. With owning the GM already I don't really have need for the F4, although it would make for a nice travel lens over the GM. As for future purchases I'm tempted to trade my a6400 in for the a6700, as this is my preferred camera for family shots and holidays, but I might hold out to see what the A7C II brings.

As for future purchases I'm tempted to trade my a6400 in for the a6700, as this is my preferred camera for family shots and holidays, but I might hold out to see what the A7C II brings.
Similar situation here Tim: planning to buy the a6700, but if that A7C-II isn't too much more I might be swayed by the darkside of full-frame...

Similar situation here Tim: planning to buy the a6700, but if that A7C-II isn't too much more I might be swayed by the darkside of full-frame...
If you like the form factor and can deal with the larger lenses, I think you'd love FF. Although admittedly, losing the crop factor is tough to get used to at first.

I will look with interest at the A9 III, but suspect I will not buy it, because I’m expecting it to have too few pixels.

I’d say that it would be the A1 II, but I suspect the Sony ninja spies are looking at my lens collection and plotting their next assault on my wallet:
  • 85mm f/1.2 GM (I’d pre-order that happily)
  • 200mm f/1.8 GM (I’d pre-order if the price is OK)
  • 300mm f/2.8 GM (I’d pre-order that if the price and weight were acceptable)
I would have answered this more confidently, but my confidence is shaken - I wasn’t expecting to get the 70-200 f/4 G II, and now I wonder if they’ll come up with something else I wasn’t expecting!

Tamron 50-400 is off the table. I will get it someday, but I really only buy lenses that I need. It'd be nice to have the additional 50 at the short end, but I don't 'need' it and get by well with what I have. With the racing season half gone I can wait.

This contradicts my own 'want vs. need' argument. o_O

Sony 20-70 mm f4 and the 70-200mm f4 for travel. Upgrade my computer for post photo storage, production and edits. I really want the A 1 but I just cannot justify that purchase at this time.

A7RV now, but that might change again tomorrow :D

Maybe the A1ii whenever that is but really I am good for the foreseeable future.

Sony 20-70 mm f4 and the 70-200mm f4 for travel. Upgrade my computer for post photo storage, production and edits. I really want the A 1 but I just cannot justify that purchase at this time.
I have the 70-200 F4 and I love it! Hope you get yours soon. Also for me, I want to get a new tripod and will hopefully soon.

_DSC1623.jpg
  • ILCE-7M3
  • FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 100

Sony 20-70mm f4 will be my next purchase too. I think it's the perfect travel lens and also a good companion for the A7C, which imho should be paired with the most compact lenses.

Back