Problem connecting A6400 with Weebill 3

Fraser-Cave

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
TOM CAVE
Hoping someone can help with an issue I have with the Weebill 3 gimbal. I have camera set to USB PC remote, Sony selected as camera type, smartphone connection disabled and I switch on the gimbal before the camera. However, I still get the display on back of camera continuously cycling through normal live view and USB connection message. Any ideas team?

I don’t know the gimbal but a little about networking, Id expect one of these options:

that the camera needs to be connected to the phone, and the gimbal also connects to the phone.

The gimbal connects to the camera with cable, and the camera connects to the phone.

The gimbal connects to the camera and no connectivity to phone.

since it’s likely you can already connect camera to phone, try the last option, and work your way up the the line.

Is this to use the gimbal to control recording button and zoom functions on the a6400?
I don't have anything useful to add since I think the problem might be that the a6400 firmware just hasn't kept up well with 3rd party devices. Curious to see what solution you find.

In part. I checked the Zhiyun compatibility charts and am aware that both my cameras (A6400 and A7M4) aren't as controllable via the gimbal as others, so that wasn't the issue. My error was to grab the cable with USB C on one end and USB Micro on the other (which correspond with those on camera and dimbal) and assume this would work. Turns out there's an identically* configured second cable which does work.
*Embarrassingly, they're not actually identical. The correct one for a A6400 has a label which says "Type C to Multi USB".
So, thank you all for your help. Now I just need to stop the gimbal from vibrating; but that's an ongoing conversation I'm having with Zhiyun...

Back