Sony A7 III Zoom

Jgvicari

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Jay Vicari
Hello everyone. I just bought a a7 iii. I was wondering how to output a zoomed in picture on the camera. I crop and zoom. But then it says to click the shutter. It just takes another picture?

There is an edit function in camera in the A7iv, and I think it’s the same in yours. It’s not simply a matter of zooming in with the viewfinder. I’ve never used it because it’s easier to edit the photo thoroughly once it’s on my computer.

Interesting though, there are times I might like to just crop it there and then, so I’ll do a bit of research in the user manual.

There is an edit function in camera in the A7iv, and I think it’s the same in yours. It’s not simply a matter of zooming in with the viewfinder. I’ve never used it because it’s easier to edit the photo thoroughly once it’s on my computer.

Interesting though, there are times I might like to just crop it there and then, so I’ll do a bit of research in the user manual.
Gaz, thank you for replying.
I’ll look in a7iv to see? Let me know if there is something I missed. It’s great to just make another edited photo and send it with out going to the computer. It looks great in the Camera.

Check APS-C Mode.

Gaz, thank you for replying.
I’ll look in a7iv to see? Let me know if there is something I missed. It’s great to just make another edited photo and send it with out going to the computer. It looks great in the Camera.

I mentioned A7iv, only because that’s the camera I have and I’ve seen crop in the menu system though never used it.

I’ve looked up the manual for both cameras. There’s a playback viewing option on A7iii that zooms into an image. It does not seem to be capable of crop.

The two cameras have different menu systems, and it might be that the new menu system can be backwards compatible by firmware upgrade but I wouldn’t hold out for it.

On the A7iv Crop is a menu item within the menu. You’d need to find playback “crop” in your A7iii menu, rather than zoom. I couldn’t see it on line, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t there. See if you can find it on camera.

For example on A7iv it is located in:
Menu | Playback | Edit | Crop

G

I mentioned A7iv, only because that’s the camera I have and I’ve seen crop in the menu system though never used it.

I’ve looked up the manual for both cameras. There’s a playback viewing option on A7iii that zooms into an image. It does not seem to be capable of crop.

The two cameras have different menu systems, and it might be that the new menu system can be backwards compatible by firmware upgrade but I wouldn’t hold out for it.

On the A7iv Crop is a menu item within the menu. You’d need to find playback “crop” in your A7iii menu, rather than zoom. I couldn’t see it on line, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t there. See if you can find it on camera.

For example on A7iv it is located in:
Menu | Playback | Edit | Crop

G
When I get on later I will. Thanks for the impute.

Back