The latest firmware version for the Sony A7C R is 1.01.
Benefits & Improvements in Firmware 1.01
- Fixes an issue where some movie metadata (Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO, etc.) may not be recorded
- Improves the operational stability of the camera
Downloads are available on Sony’s support sites:
You can also use Sony’s Creators App to download and install the firmware.
Before installing the firmware please take note of the following:
- Use a fully charged rechargeable battery pack (NP-FZ100).
- Do not remove the battery during the update as the sudden loss of power may render the camera inoperable.
- It may not be possible to update if the camera temperature is high. Please go after the temperature drops.
You can either use Sony’s Creators App to download and install the firmware or you can update it by copying the firmware to a memory card.
If using a memory card please see the following steps:
- Download the firmware to the memory card. Do not copy it into any folders on the memory card, just the main root. Insert the memory card on which the system software data was saved.
- Select Menu → Setup → Setup Option → Version and select Software Update.
- When the system software update starts, a black screen is displayed, and the access lamp flashes. The access lamp flashes 1 time → 3 times → 5 times depending on the progress of the update. The update will take approximately 6 minutes to complete.
- If the system software data copy is incorrect, the message The update file version is incorrect will be displayed on the monitor of the camera.
- If the access lamp repeats 5 long blinks (0.5s cycle) and 6 short blinks (0.25s cycle), the system software may not have been copied correctly to the memory card. In this case, remove the battery and memory card from the camera, and start over from Saving system software data to a memory card.
- When the update is completed, the camera will automatically restart. After restarting, when the Body update complete screen appears, press OK.