The firmware for the Sony FX3 is now version 2.00 with the latest update, this replaces version 1.0.1.
v2.00 Benefits and Improvements
- Adds log shooting mode, which allows you to shoot while displaying the monitor image with your favorite LUT (Look-Up Table).
- Note: Please use the latest version of Catalyst Browse or Catalyst Prepare to apply the LUT used for monitoring during shooting to the video during editing.Cine EI: A shooting mode that allows you to shoot with two Base ISO settings that can express clear images with the maximum dynamic range and suppressed noise.
- Cine EI Quick: A shooting mode in which movies are recorded using a Base ISO, as is the case with the Cine EI mode, but the Base ISO switches automatically according to the adjusted EI value.
- Flexible ISO: A shooting mode that allows you to record S-Log material by adjusting the exposure settings including ISO sensitivity according to the shooting scene.
- Adds the main menu, which allows you to access quickly the items you need.
- Changes layout for a movie, which is information and icons overlapped pictures on the movie standby screen.
- Allows you to display a function menu by swiping upward on the monitor on the shooting standby screen.
- Allows Timecode input with the multi/micro USB terminal. You can set the timecode with the source equipment.
- Note: You will need a dedicated adapter cable, which is sold separately, to connect to the timecode source equipment.
- Adds the Monitor Flip Direction feature which can select reversed display of image and menu screens depending on how the monitor is opened and oriented.
- Improves the operational stability of the camera.
You can download the latest firmware from your local Sony support website. The below links will take you to the correct page to download the firmware. Make sure that you download the correct firmware for your computer (Windows or Mac).
Please make sure that you follow the installation steps that can be found on the software download pages at the above links for either Windows or Mac.
Mac users will also need to install the latest version of the Sony camera driver for a successful install.
- Sony Camera Driver (For Mac computers with Apple silicon)
- Sony Camera Driver (For Mac computers with an Intel processor)
You’ll also need to restart your Mac after installing or updating the Sony Camera Driver otherwise the FX3 firmware update will fail.
Make sure that you use the USB cable that came with the FX3 as other cables may not work along with a fully charged battery.
Previous Firmware Versions
Improvements from previous firmware versions are always included in the latest firmware version. So even if you have missed a couple of firmware versions, you only ever need to install the latest version.
- Fixes an issue where a Picture Profile may be applied even though the Picture Profile feature is set to OFF
- Improves the operational stability of the camera when using the Imaging Edge Desktop (Remote) or Imaging Edge Mobile apps
- Fixes an issue where an error message may appear while shooting at a high shutter speed
- Improves the overall stability of the camera