Followers
Following
Name
Ted E
Country
United States
City/State
Denver
So, I don't understand why this is happening, but my vello shutterboss ii doesn't seem to work right with my A7iii. Works just fine with my A6100.

Does anyone know why this is? Also, anyone know of a simple external intervalometer that does work with the A7iii?

According to their website it is supported with the a7III. Maybe try reaching out to Vello and see if they can help. Guessing you don't want to use the internal one?

I use the internal one, but sometimes I'm taking astrophotography and long exposure photos that are longer than the 30 seconds the internal one will allow. I wish there was a way to up the internal timer to 2-5 minutes max because then I would rarely ever need an external remote. Also with both of those, keeping vibrations to a minimum is nice.

I reached out to Vello and they said that it must be something wrong with my camera, which seems farfetched since I just bought my A7iii two months ago, and is basically new. So I bought a new vello shutterboss ii from B&H (since they have a good return policy) to see if it works. If the new one does and the old one still doesn't, then I'll know the issue is the old intervalometer and I'll see if Vello will do something about it.

FYI, the new intervalometer works just fine with the A7iii. So there definitely is an issue with the original one. Vello customer service sucks and they are refusing to do anything about it.

FYI, the new intervalometer works just fine with the A7iii. So there definitely is an issue with the original one. Vello customer service sucks and they are refusing to do anything about it.
Good to hear that the new one works Ted, shame that they are not helping you out with the older version though! :(

Oh well, at least I can get back to taking night photos. I took this one last night of Orion.

Autosave-4-denoise-denoise.jpg

Back