To open Sony a7IV raw files the following minimum versions are required:
- Adobe Camera Raw: v14.1 or higher
- Lightroom CC: v5.1 or higher
- Lightroom Classic: v11.1 or higher
You can find Adobe’s full list of supported cameras here.
If after updating you still can’t open the RAW files from the a7 IV, check the Camera Raw / Lightroom version you have installed as it might be an earlier version.
Camera Raw v14.1 , Lightroom CC v5.1 and Classic v11.1 require macOS Catalina (version 10.15) minimum but macOS Big Sur (version 11) is recommended, or Windows 10 (64-bit) Version 1909 or later.
If you are not running these versions you will not be able to update to the latest version.
Support has also been added for the following E-mount lenses:
- Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
- Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II + 1.4X Teleconverter
- Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II + 2X Teleconverter
- Laowa Argus 33mm F0.95 CF APO
- Viltrox AF 23mm F1.4 STM
- Viltrox AF 33mm F1.4 STM
- Viltrox AF 56mm F1.4 STM
You can find Adobe’s full list of supported lenses here.