Tokina has announced their newest FiRIN lens – the Tokina FiRIN 100mm f/2.8 Macro for Sony full-frame E-mount.
The FiRIN 100mm macro is an autofocus lens that offers 1:1 magnification at a minimum focus distance of 4.5″ and weighs in at 570 grams. Just like the * Voigtlander 110mm F2.5 Macro APO lens and the Sigma 70mm F2.8 Art Macro the barrel does extend when you focus.
The optics are fully coated to reduce light falloff, control chromatic aberration, and reduced flare and ghosting. The lens features 9 elements in 8 groups.
- Focal Length: 100mm
- Max aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum aperture: f/32
- Angle of view: 24.5 degrees
- Filter size: 55mm
- Minimum Focus Distance: 11.8 inches
- Working Distance: 4.5 in.
- Max Magnification: 1:1
- Focus Method: Extending Barrel
- Aperture Blades: 9
- Maximum Diameter: 74mm
- Full Length: 123mm-169mm
- Weight: 570 grams
- Mount Type: Sony-E
The Tokina Firin 100mm F2.8 Macro is already available to pre-order and will start shipping on April 26th, 2019 with a price tag of $599.00 / £579.00. Further details can be found on Tokina’s website.
Please Help Me to Keep Alpha Shooters Going, Growing and Ad Free.
I don’t like to ask for PayPal donations but there are two very easy and completely free ways that you can support this site.
1. By purchasing your gear through the affiliate links (denoted with *) on this site or by visiting the Alpha Shooters Amazon Store (US Only) to check out my recommended Sony Alpha Gear and Accessories. If you buy something after clicking a link I may receive a small commission, but don’t worry as the price still remains the same for you.
2. By sharing this sites content that you find helpful on social media, in forums, or linking back to it from your own website.
If you do buy through my links or share my content, then thank you very much for your kind support and I look forward to seeing your shots in one of the many Alpha Shooters Facebook Groups that I run.