Firmware Version 1.10
The latest firmware version for the Sony a7R III is version 1.10. You can download it from Sony’s support site here.
The most noteworthy update with this release is to the Pixel Shift Multi Shooting mode. Sony have reduced the interval between frames to 0.5secs. Up until firmware version 1.10, the Sony A7R III’s Pixel Shift mode offered delays from 1 to 30secs. Reducing this interval between frames to 0.5secs should help protect against subject movement.
What’s Been Added in Version 1.10?
Version 1.10 provides the following benefits:
- A new Interval option is now selectable for Pixel Shift Multi Shooting: [On: Shooting Interval 0.5sec] option added to the menu.
*When the camera is connected to a PC, please use the latest version (1.2 or later) of the Imaging Edge software.
*When using an A-mount lens via a Mount Adaptor (LA-EA1/ LA-EA2/ LA-EA3/ LA-EA4), the interval might be slightly longer.
- Bracketing is now available during Silent Shooting with uncompressed RAW
- Improves the peaking display level for S-Log shooting
- Improves the Eye AF, which under a specific set of circumstances, did not work properly
- Solves an issue where [Viewfinder Brightness] was not being reflected correctly in [Manual] setting
- Improves the overall stability of the camera
Previous Benefits and Improvements:
The following benefits and improvements are also included in this update.
- Solves cases where the ‘Set File Name’ function does not work properly
- Improves overall camera stability