Sony A9III Release NOT Nov 8?

Its all irrelevant, depends on spec and if its another half effort by Sony
I love the talk of it being fast. No need for more FPS, and AF must have a finite limit to how quick it can lock on.

I love the talk of it being fast. No need for more FPS, and AF must have a finite limit to how quick it can lock on.
I dont need the speed Kev, I think this has been a real problem for Sony what to add to the a9iii, its all about the sensor for me and more pixels

a1 import Panamoz was £4230.00 yesterday kev
was £4180 until the new update was mentioned then went up a few ££, 3 yr warranty with Panamoz,1 yr warranty with E-infinity

I dont need the speed Kev, I think this has been a real problem for Sony what to add to the a9iii, its all about the sensor for me and more pixels
Nope, and that's why I think the A1 is where to go for that. No way is the new A9 going to have 50mp

was £4180 until the new update was mentioned then went up a few ££, 3 yr warranty with Panamoz,1 yr warranty with E-infinity
Insurance backed warranty, probably cheaper to buy separate extended cover.

Nope, and that's why I think the A1 is where to go for that. No way is the new A9 going to have 50mp
I dont expect it will have 50mp, but been shooting 24 for so long 33-or 42 would be nice

If it is 33mp it is close enough to the a1 50mp ,it is a nice sensor ,especially mid range iso 3200-8000 ,and you would need to pixel peep 300% to notice a real difference in comparisons ,but i bet it does not have a 9mil dot evf and 4 way tilty screen

I'm not sure that when Sony says it'll be the fastest camera they're referring entirely to FPS. I think they're also referring to the AF speed. The A9 does 60 focus calculations per second, way faster than most cameras. It's one of the reasons it's so fast.

Fact is they have just done as stated Tony dollars no conversion they just make it pounds so $4775 will be at least £4775
Well, you don’t want the folks in Marketing to think, do you?

It does look lazy, that’s for sure.

In Australia we get a bit more ”creativity” in our pricing. The RRP on the A1 was A$9995 (or thereabouts) at announcemen, and it’s sitting at A$8699 at the moment. One place has a sale on, dropping it to about A$7400.

We get taxed an awful lot, hence why I wait for imports to be available. VAT alone is 20% here.

It will be 4500+ and I can get an A1 for that.

I lived in Ireland for a while - VAT was raised to 23% post the GFC. A “temporary move” that I think is still in place.

If it’s a 2 day event, it seems unlikely to be just the lens. The A9 III + 300 GM seem like a natural pairing for indoor Olympic events, don’t you think?
I don't know. The 300 and long-awaited A1 firmware seem a natural, while saving the A9 III for its own announcement.

What I find amazing about this, is Sony's teasing and announcements. Canon and Nikon don't seem to have so much pomp about it, they just go "here's another camera"

What I find amazing about this, is Sony's teasing and announcements. Canon and Nikon don't seem to have so much pomp about it, they just go "here's another camera"
Maybe not to the same degree, but they do. They just don't have a Brownie posting every new rumor. And right now there isn't much people are waiting for. Nikon shot their wad with the Z8 and the new retro camera, while Canon enthusiasts continue to wait for the fabled R1.

https://nikonrumors.com/

I noticed several months ago that the rumor guy took the Canon link off his rumors headers. Leica/Pana/L mount, Mirrorless, Fuji, M-4/3, and Sony are still there.

I do keep my eye on others, but yes, you obviously aid in the furore :D R1/A1 mk II will be Pre-Olympics, May/June I reckon.

I do keep my eye on others, but yes, you obviously aid in the furore :D R1/A1 mk II will be Pre-Olympics, May/June I reckon.
I think at the soonest. I think Sony is doing a firmware update for two reasons: So A1 users don't get pissed when the A9III is released, and so people remain interested until the A1M2 is released.

Not just Sony / Canon / Nikon, either.

Leica can be a tease, and I think Panasonic teased an announcement earlier this year.

Back