Techart has announced their second generation LM-EA9 Leica M-mount to E-mount adapter adapter with built-in autofocus.
Techart has made a few alterations to make the new LM-EA9 even more capable than before, these new features include:
- 4 radially positioned, small and light servo motors
- 4-axis support guarantees much faster focusing
- Support heavier lenses without wobbling
- World’s first bulge-less design and more obstructions with accessories
- New unicase machining technology further compressed the adapter’s size
- Compatible with all the latest Sony Full Frame & APS-C camera models (A7R4, A7R, A1, A9ii, A7C, A6600, ZV-E10, etc)
- USB Update tool included
- Support in camera 3-axis image stabilisation and relies on the phase detection AF of the Sony cameras to turn your manual lenses into autofocus lenses.
- Optimal 4.5mm extension balances AF speed and usability.
- Stack additional adapters to enjoy autofocus with literally ANY lenses (EF / F / OM/ PK/ FD / LR / L39, etc)
The biggest change is the new autofocus system, this now utilizes four smaller motors instead of a single large motor. This has helped to improve the speed of the autofocus and at the same time reduce the physical size of the adapter.
The Techart LM-EA9 is already available to order for $399 on Techart’s website or from B&H Photo. It’s expected to start shipping early to mid September 2022.
I have version one, which has a tendency to hunt, unless you bias the camera towards exposure rather than focus.
If the reviews are favorable, I might give it a try.